PDA

View Full Version : A fool and his money are soon parted

notanlines
10-04-2021, 04:02 AM
Starts at $250K and ends at $450K.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/luxury-travel-trailer-maker-unveiled-123800462.html

flybouy
10-04-2021, 04:38 AM
Where's the box truck chase vehichle that carried all that pretty stuff on the WOODEN PATIO ? I really feel like I was cheated in life. While I've been called a fool before I never had 1/2 mil to waste on something like that. :banghead:

roadglide
10-04-2021, 05:05 AM
3 yeas waiting for trailer that could be outdated similar to the like cell phone market .

travelin texans
10-04-2021, 08:05 AM
I'll bet they towed that onto that golf course with their F150 Ecoboost, "towed just fine!".
Speaking of that golf course I'd be pissed to have them tow that out there then cover that beautiful grass with their mat.
Looks like a converted horse trailer to me!
And may be politically incorrect but that guy looks like the type that couldn't hook up to shore power without help let alone do anything else. Has his legs crossed like a woman & a man bun.

CampNBrew2
10-04-2021, 10:01 AM
"The island can also be moved outside or onto the trailer's deck for open-aired meals."
The one with an outlet installed in the picture? They must have a fancy system for that.

"Amenities like a washer and dryer, dishwasher, extra sleeping loft, and oven come optional"

250k with no oven hah.

I do like all the solar though.
It would be fun to build a "money is no object" trailer. For me, it sure wouldn't look like this one.

wiredgeorge
10-04-2021, 02:45 PM
I'll bet they towed that onto that golf course with their F150 Ecoboost, "towed just fine!".
Speaking of that golf course I'd be pissed to have them tow that out there then cover that beautiful grass with their mat.
Looks like a converted horse trailer to me!
And may be politically incorrect but that guy looks like the type that couldn't hook up to shore power without help let alone do anything else. Has his legs crossed like a woman & a man bun.

You are just jealous because you don't have enough hair for an ultra cool man bun! I suspect that the over priced ugly in the pics is intended for the left coast wine sippers and may not be sold in Texas anytime soon. :lol:

flybouy
10-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Must not carry much water. In the photo captioned "The 2022 Living Vehicle trailer's media lounge." Apparently the lounging woman reading the book didnít have enough water to wash her feet.:(

sourdough
10-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Must not carry much water. In the photo captioned "The 2022 Living Vehicle trailer's media lounge." Apparently the lounging woman reading the book didnít have enough water to wash her feet.:(

^^^^^:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suspect by the time those 2 "Living Vehicle trailer" owners figured up from down or come here from sic em they MIGHT figure out how to get water to wash "man buns friend's" feet. Maybe solar power is supposed to do it....?

That vehicle obviously makes no sense and will probably never be seen in TX as George noted, but, it DOES look like something folks like those in the article would like.....but I don't see those kinds of folks too often.....unless I go somewhere "outside my self imposed range"...

meaz93*
10-04-2021, 04:52 PM
Someone ask about the F150 towing experience?....-lol
"Yes, towed just fine"
All I need to do now is cover the top of the Outback with solar panels?
On a lighter note I did notice a lot of TT's with a considerable amount of solar panels attached to their roofs this past weekend.[emoji848]

rjrelander
10-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Starts at $250K and ends at $450K.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/luxury-travel-trailer-maker-unveiled-123800462.html

Is it just me or was that article almost unreadable? :confused:

meaz93*
10-04-2021, 05:40 PM
Is it just me or was that article almost unreadable? :confused:It does not give any trailer specs on the unit.....except for I think I read 40' long?

JRTJH
10-04-2021, 07:09 PM
It does not give any trailer specs on the unit.....except for I think I read 40' long?

I must have missed the length. It does say that the RV offers 232 sqft of space. Doing the math, if the trailer is 8' wide, it would be 29' long and if it was 7' wide, it would be roughly 33' long. None of the photos show a slide, so unless they're "well hidden" it's a conventional "box trailer" with a fold down deck. I wonder if it comes standard with Trailer King tires ?????

vampress_me
10-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Why did they have the guy cross his legs sitting at the table in the kitchen/ lounge area photo? I donít think Iíve ever seen a guy cross his legs like that. Iím also loving the business clothes for in the bedroom/ office area. Best of all ď20% of the trailerís upcoming production slot was already sold during itís pretty-releaseĒ. Yep, 1 of 5 was sold, but 20% sounds much better! (My made-up numbers, but I bet Iím not far off!) :lol:

meaz93*
10-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Their is more info on used ones, even a 2018 model is absolutely crazy money? and its more like 30' not 40' long. I miss read some OP's perspective
review article of some sorts.
Here's a 2018 brochure with specs.
To each their own....36224362253622636227

notanlines
10-05-2021, 03:42 AM
So far I've sat back and let y'all make fun of my informational offering, made fun of man-buns, effeminate men with dirty feet and of people living in trailer houses on golf courses. But NOW, take THIS: I'll have you know that for $430K you get an all aluminum RV that is a FULL 29 feet long, even longer than our Forrest River Salem! AND, you will get an Incineration Toilet! For those of you less fortunate, it is a "waterless propane incineration toilet, 150 flushes on a std 5-gallon propane tank and up to 30 flushes per-day capacity!"
Now how about THAT, you heathens!

jasin1
10-05-2021, 03:45 AM
"The island can also be moved outside or onto the trailer's deck for open-aired meals."
The one with an outlet installed in the picture? They must have a fancy system for that.

"Amenities like a washer and dryer, dishwasher, extra sleeping loft, and oven come optional"

250k with no oven hah.

I do like all the solar though.
It would be fun to build a "money is no object" trailer. For me, it sure wouldn't look like this one.

Watched a video on YouTubeÖ.there is a floor mounted electric socket..and the island has a ďbuilt in cableĒ to attach to the floor socket (extension cord) so you can power appliances on the island.
The people in the article and video are the husband and wife owners of the company making these.
They use materials and hardware thatís normally used in larger boats because itís better quality.

They donít believe in using awnings on the rv because they donít think someone should have to pay for a major expense like an awning that could fail and have to be replaced lol ( but yet the rv itself is grossly expensive) Öthey said awnings need to be replaced almost every year Öthey also donít believe in slide outs for the some of the same reasons

They come from a wealthy area of the country where everyone is trying to outspend their neighbor on Facebook and Instagram

What better way then to make a $100000 trailer and double or triple the price to make it exclusive ..the so called celebrityís of the Instagram world will buy one of these to flaunt their wealth..
Itís no different then the Teslaís were when they first came out.
As more and more people get them they will,move on to something else
Itís similar to the earth roamer overland rvís

Also the dirty feet is to show you that they hardly ever work and god forbid have to put on anything other then sandalsÖlol they wear it as a badge of honor
Free spirit kinda people that are probably gonna do this for a few years to fund their travel budget.

jasin1
10-05-2021, 04:13 AM
And I would add that they probably would make just as much money selling more units for less money but that would go against their target customer.
That customer is willing to spend the extra 200k just so they know none of us country bumpkins will pull up to the boondock area in the same rig

Itís why they have 10k a night hotel rooms and 50k a week yacht chartersÖit would kill then to have to rub elbows with the common man and have something in common

wiredgeorge
10-05-2021, 04:20 AM
So far I've sat back and let y'all make fun of my informational offering, made fun of man-buns, effeminate men with dirty feet and of people living in trailer houses on golf courses. But NOW, take THIS: I'll have you know that for $430K you get an all aluminum RV that is a FULL 29 feet long, even longer than our Forrest River Salem! AND, you will get an Incineration Toilet! For those of you less fortunate, it is a "waterless propane incineration toilet, 150 flushes on a std 5-gallon propane tank and up to 30 flushes per-day capacity!"

I reckon there is a warning label next to the flame thrower commode saying not to have your derriere parked on the throne when you hit the ignition button. :D

notanlines
10-05-2021, 05:16 AM
I reckon there is a warning label next to the flame thrower commode saying not to have your derriere parked on the throne when you hit the ignition button. :D

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

travelin texans
10-05-2021, 07:29 AM

That sounds like a much better option than saving the soiled tp in a bucket next to the toilet til full then burning it in the fire pit that's been mentioned here more than once. Talk about heathens!

sourdough
10-05-2021, 07:45 AM
That sounds like a much better option than saving the soiled tp in a bucket next to the toilet til full then burning it in the fire pit that's been mentioned here more than once. Talk about heathens!

What's wrong with throwing that TP in the fire pit??? Free "fire fuel" and you can cook your hotdogs for supper at the same time! Not that's getting your moneys worth!! :eek::nonono:

flybouy
10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
Sort of like "pre toasted marshmallows" I guess. I'll pass.

wiredgeorge
10-05-2021, 12:18 PM
Nothing like the SITE TEAM bored and in a spectacular DISGUSTO-FEST! Hopefully we will soon crown the KING OF SCATALOGICAL SILLINESS!
:bow:

travelin texans
10-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Yep! Time to get back to the Yuppie overpriced converted horse trailer.

jasin1
10-05-2021, 01:19 PM
Nothing like the SITE TEAM bored and in a spectacular DISGUSTO-FEST! Hopefully we will soon crown the KING OF SCATALOGICAL SILLINESS!
:bow:

Frankly Iím amazed it didnít veer back towards bidets and all of that related discussion as it has in the past :hide:

sourdough
10-05-2021, 02:03 PM
Yep! Time to get back to the Yuppie overpriced converted horse trailer.

Now Danny, you're the one that brought up used TP and the fire pit......:D

travelin texans
10-05-2021, 08:13 PM
Now Danny, you're the one that brought up used TP and the fire pit......:D

Actually Jim started it with the flame thrower toilet

sourdough
10-05-2021, 08:38 PM
Actually Jim started it with the flame thrower toilet

I guess I was thinking the "flame thrower toilet" phrase thrown out (by a Texan) was referring more to the "morning after" after eating a pile of jalapenos on a stack of enchiladas.....but I digress..:D Now where were with with that man bun and dirty feet...??:D

German Shepherd Guy
10-06-2021, 04:22 AM
:popcorn:You guys are a rough crowd. ;)
Interesting market nitch though. I like the idea of the drop down patio, but not as a slide replacement. Too many wet days it couldn't be used. And the umbrella, it wouldn't even last as long as an awning in its first light breeze. :facepalm:

But I will say this is America and if they can sell a trailer with no slide outs and a propane toilet for over $250,000 and make a living doing it, more power to 'em.:USA: I don't think I will bump into them at the dog shows or the camp grounds DW and I use but would like to see one in person and ask the owner how the roof was holding up.:ermm: I LIKE the idea of all those solar panels.:cool: The are making some very serious electric. Also an interesting idea of being able to charge an electric vehicle. There is some innovation and promise in what they are building, would not be surprised to see some of it incorporated in main line RVs in the future.
That said, IF I had 250 to 450 thousand to spend on an RV I would look at other offerings. After all there is no room for the German Shepherds in that thing.:nonono:

flybouy
10-06-2021, 05:11 AM
Agree with above. For that kinda coin I'd be driving it with a toad behind it. How folks spend their money is their choice and I pray it stays that way in America. Some folks spend a lot of money to show the world that they have it. It's usually the "new money" that feels the need to flaunt it. Ask anyone in the service industry how many huge houses they go in that have no furniture. People buy these big houses then can't afford to live in them.

The last company I worked for was a fast casual restaurant chain. There I worked with franchisees that had serious money. Somebof the reauirenments were a min. available cash of $7 M and already have multi unit ownership. Most of these folks owned several different national restruant brands with dozens of locations. These were not "mom and pop" one off sub shop owners. Anyway, the majority of them were unpretentious nice people. So when I hear boastful proclimations by people that "tell the world" about their mountain house or beach condo, or whatever else I just smile and feel a bit sorry for them.

The grestest thing about living in a free society is having the option to legaly earn as much monry as you can and spend it as you like. I hope it stays that way.

JRTJH
10-06-2021, 07:03 AM
There's a definite "growing market" for this type trailer. One of its "competition" is the BOWLUS (https://bowlus.com/)...

Starting at $215,000 and going up from there, it's 26' of luxury that can be towed by nearly any Lincoln or BMW or other "luxury SUV".

It comes standard with an 8000 BTU Soleus air conditioner that "cools like a demon in any climate".

There's no dealer network, the only service facility is at the factory, you buy it, the factory supports it and if anything goes wrong, they'll send a repairman to fix it (or find a local RV tech that they'll instruct on how to fix it)....

And, they're building them as fast as they can sell them. Current waiting time, 8-12 months.

One of the comments from an owner was, "I wouldn't consider one without the optional kitchen drawer or the screen door." (but it comes standard with NAPA leather upholstery) Hmmmmm :popcorn:

sourdough
10-06-2021, 07:11 AM
Looking at the website for Bowlus and the TerraFirma looks like for 265k base (figure that's without anything in it) you get a little tube trailer with no room where you have to either sit on one of the twin beds or the toilet for the puppy to eat or drink. Wow, that's really cool......:nonono:

JRTJH
10-06-2021, 07:50 AM
Looking at the website for Bowlus and the TerraFirma looks like for 265k base (figure that's without anything in it) you get a little tube trailer with no room where you have to either sit on one of the twin beds or the toilet for the puppy to eat or drink. Wow, that's really cool......:nonono:

Yep, 19 gallons of fresh water, 21 gallons of gray water storage, a 4.5 gallon "cassette toilet" and a "continuous flow water heater/furnace system, all powered by a 28 pound propane system. How long would that last in a "dry camping environment" or for that matter, how long would it last in a campground with full hookups if DW stands in the shower long enough to use the propane and there's none left for cabin heat tonight ?????

Lots of "great ideas" like continuous charging of lithium batteries that power the air conditioning system for up to 16 hours or enough charge capacity to stay off the grid for weeks at a time, but no way to haul enough water to "live in the trailer for 2 days".....

travelin texans
10-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Then there's those that must have the $3-4 million Prevost that, in my opinion, the interior looks like the tv version of a brothel with all the mirrors & indirect lighting, while towing their Escalade, but they own the best.

JRTJH
10-06-2021, 08:21 AM
Then there's those that must have the $3-4 million Prevost that, in my opinion, the interior looks like the tv version of a brothel with all the mirrors & indirect lighting, while towing their Escalade, but they own the best.

Or the most expensive..... I've got a friend that owns a "million dollar DP"... It spends as much time at the factory as it does in storage at home. On more than one trip, he's dropped it off at the factory and called for his pilot to come pick him up and fly him home.

flybouy
10-06-2021, 08:26 AM
Yep, 19 gallons of fresh water, 21 gallons of gray water storage, a 4.5 gallon "cassette toilet" and a "continuous flow water heater/furnace system, all powered by a 28 pound propane system. How long would that last in a "dry camping environment" or for that matter, how long would it last in a campground with full hookups if DW stands in the shower long enough to use the propane and there's none left for cabin heat tonight ?????

Lots of "great ideas" like continuous charging of lithium batteries that power the air conditioning system for up to 16 hours or enough charge capacity to stay off the grid for weeks at a time, but no way to haul enough water to "live in the trailer for 2 days".....

If their target market is the same as the "Living Trailer" than water for bathing isn't an issue, at least not for the lady in the picture.:hide:

sourdough
10-06-2021, 08:35 AM
If their target market is the same as the "Living Trailer" than water for bathing isn't an issue, at least not for the lady in the picture.:hide:

:lol::lol::lol: Now that there was pretty dang funny!

wiredgeorge
10-06-2021, 09:25 AM
A great feature:

Zero Emission Road Trip
You'll never find yourself stranded during your zero-emission road trip with a Bowlus as the external 110V outlet additionally can give an emergency micro-charge to your electric vehicle. With a full battery, the Bowlus could extend EV SUVs currently on the market for up to 16 miles.

"Hey Honey! Want to go for a ride in our electro-mobile? We can go 8 miles out and 8 miles back on a single charge from our camper. Of course, since we are dry camping, we will no longer have lights when we get back..."

wiredgeorge
10-06-2021, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah... "Honey? It is your turn to dispose of the cassette... What? Why is it my turn again?"

Feature #1:

Toilet with Hygienic Easy Emptying Cassette System

meaz93*
10-06-2021, 09:51 AM
So the wife and I are walking through the campgrounds last weekend and she points out a beautiful Prevost Diesel Pusher. Before I could reply she said yeah but I heard they are super expensive to repair....EXACTLY!
I say what we should do is when the time comes purchase that 5th wheel with every option we can possibly get and a diesel dually-bam, retire.
The hel* with property taxes[emoji6]

notanlines
10-06-2021, 10:09 AM

Danny, right down the road from you is the Emerald Prevost manufacturer, Stephenville, Texas. $2 mil and up. Maybe you and other Danny can take a little tour over there and scope this out for us. Course, you might not want to tell Momma where you're going!:D

travelin texans
10-06-2021, 12:57 PM
Danny, right down the road from you is the Emerald Prevost manufacturer, Stephenville, Texas. $2 mil and up. Maybe you and other Danny can take a little tour over there and scope this out for us. Course, you might not want to tell Momma where you're going!:D

Before retirement we went to the Ft Worth rv show that they had twice a year. The last year they had 3-4 Prevost with stairs & a walk way built up at the front of the coach so you're able to peek in the windshield. In order to tour the inside they required a letter from your bank stating you had the funds or credit enough to purchase. After looking through the windshield we couldn't imagine anyone wanting to spend that kind of $$ on something so outrageously gawdy inside.

Falcon67
10-08-2021, 05:53 AM
LOL, maybe we bought our 220RD too soon. I have a thing for modified race trailers, reference what we almost bought:
https://www.clearcreekrvs.com/New-Inventory-2022-Sundowner-Trailers-Trailer-TRAIL-BLAZER-1869-TRAIL-BLAZER-10719820?ref=list

But for that money, there was no dining table and not that many windows. A 30' box trailer isn't THAT big a load for a F-150 with proper equipment. That said, F-150s are light in the tail and a extra height trailer will push them around, even with a good stiff equalizer type anti-sway hitch on the back. I've pulled a 8800 lb 24' box with ours (2004 5.4L, max trailer tow) but it also has added rear sway, upgraded Rancho rear shocks and the hitch. We pull our Continental Cargo 7'6 x 8' x 34' with an F-350 DRW which is much nicer. Also since it weighs 13,900. The 2400lb tongue weight might keep the F-150s front wheels in the air.

Can't comment on the gaudiness - we looked over a $400K Tuscany motor coach at the dealer. That was just a "come on in, see how much money I have to spare" kinda deal. The 103K 5th that was parked next to it was more like "hey, we could live in this."

Prevost - last time we made the Houston new vehicle show, wife and I had our shorts, race t-shirts and flip flops, got some beer in a plastic cup and made a beeline to the Mercedes booth and sat in the top of the line playing with all the gee-gaws. Made all the sales guy kinda nervious. LOL

wiredgeorge
10-08-2021, 07:54 AM
Before retirement we went to the Ft Worth rv show that they had twice a year. The last year they had 3-4 Prevost with stairs & a walk way built up at the front of the coach so you're able to peek in the windshield. In order to tour the inside they required a letter from your bank stating you had the funds or credit enough to purchase. After looking through the windshield we couldn't imagine anyone wanting to spend that kind of $$ on something so outrageously gawdy inside.

I was curious about the brand so I went to their website and didn't see any pricing. Then I went to RV Trader and there were perhaps 3 units and none had prices. Guess the old maxim, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". BTW: My daughter is a senior manager in my financial institution and I bet I could coerce her to write me a letter saying I was ultra-rich so I could actually step foot in one of those Pevost. I would make sure the soles of my boots were covered in Medina County mud and dog doo just for grins!

Island Eddie
10-08-2021, 06:19 PM
Where did they put the horses?

flybouy
10-08-2021, 07:05 PM
I was curious about the brand so I went to their website and didn't see any pricing. Then I went to RV Trader and there were perhaps 3 units and none had prices. Guess the old maxim, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". BTW: My daughter is a senior manager in my financial institution and I bet I could coerce her to write me a letter saying I was ultra-rich so I could actually step foot in one of those Pevost. I would make sure the soles of my boots were covered in Medina County mud and dog doo just for grins!

Don't you have a D-U-N-S number for your buisness?

skmct
10-10-2021, 09:38 AM
WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO PUT ONE OVER ON.
Unless those are some special solar panels that haven't been invented yet there's no way they could power the rigg and recharge an EV. Even if they stayed a month in the middle of a desert in full sunshine.

LHaven
10-10-2021, 09:43 AM
You know it's gotta be a cool rig, cuz the senior chick gots tats.