PDA

View Full Version : Blank tank plumbing question

bdoppel
09-26-2021, 08:14 AM
Hi All!
I have a question about how the toilet is plumbed to the black tank in my 2020 Springdale SG280bh. I just replaced my toilet (Dometic 300) and when I removed the old one, I was expecting a straight pipe to the black tank and an odor. Instead, there was NO smell whatsoever and some standing water about a foot down from the toilet.

I *know* the tank was empty when we last went camping, although the meter shows half full.

So my question is there a p-trap between the toilet and the black tank or is it just a poop mountain that needs to be dealt with?

When I dump the tank, everything seems to flow out fine and I ALWAYS use the tank sprayer for several minutes until I don't see any more material coming out.

Thanks!
Bob

flybouy
09-26-2021, 01:30 PM
There is no P trap. You could be seeing the bottom of the tank. I put about 5 gal in the tank after dumping. It’s not good to start with a dry tank as things will stick to the bottom

bdoppel
09-26-2021, 01:35 PM
Thanks, Marshall. That could be it. I also put ~5 gals in after I dump the tanks before heading home, hoping the agitation helps clean it out.

Bob

chuckster57
09-26-2021, 01:39 PM
Others say the sensors aren’t worth a crap (pun intended), but very trailer I have owned and worked has worked when they are clean. You probably have toilet paper hung up, did the monitor panel say empty when you first bought the trailer?

Falcon67
09-27-2021, 01:16 PM
I haven't really looked at our new 220 pot, but same in our race trailer - opt sits directly over the black tank. I replaced the potty in the race trailer year before last because I didn't get all the water out of the flush valve. Oops. Had a spare pot in a box, so R&R was just quicker/easier. And same - after every use I spray the heck out of the black tank with one of those sprayer/whirligig things. The sensors work fine in that trailer even after 4 years of use. We use an additive, make sure we use septic friendly/easy dissolve paper and rinse-rinse-rinse. Will probably use a combo with the installed wash out on the road side of the RV and the wand.