PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Specs say one gray tank, but there are 2 gray tank valves

clearwaterpro
09-23-2021, 08:56 AM
2019 Keystone Sprinter Campfire 26RK
The specs say that there is only one 68 gal. gray tank, but there are 2 gray tank dump valves. Can someone tell me how that works?

jasin1
09-23-2021, 09:05 AM
2019 Keystone Sprinter Campfire 26RK
The specs say that there is only one 68 gal. gray tank, but there are 2 gray tank dump valves. Can someone tell me how that works?

There is likely two smaller tanks that equal 68 gallons…one for your kitchen sink. And one for your shower and bathroom

sourdough
09-23-2021, 09:43 AM
You have 3 34 gal. tanks for waste water; 1 for black and 2 for gray (bathroom/galley). You pull each one to empty the respective holding tank. On that model with the galley at the very back and the bathroom forward the locations of the pull handles should be self explanatory on which handle dumps what tank.

flybouy
09-23-2021, 04:14 PM
The specs do not list number of tanks, only total volume. The fresh water capacity number includes the amount in the water heater as well as the tank.

Courser Farm
09-24-2021, 04:41 AM
I found our 2nd gray tank valve handle yesterday- weird that it wouldn't be in the "water closet" with the other two. Just weird!

WScottS
09-24-2021, 05:12 AM
Same with my 324cg. Spec says 74 gal gray tank, but there are 2 tanks. One gray tank (shower/bathroom sink) and one galley (Kitchen sink).

Tidefan59
10-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Newbie with a 2521rl passport. Whe n emptying gray, which one do I empty 1st. The bathroom valve is separate from the kitchen which is together on the black valve but with both gray and black levers on it.
Thanks

bobbecky
10-05-2021, 07:47 PM
Because the galley tank can be almost as nasty as the black tank due to food particles in the water, I usually dump the black, then the galley, and finally the bath grey tank, which rinses most of the really bad smelling stuff from the hose.

ssthrd
10-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Because the galley tank can be almost as nasty as the black tank due to food particles in the water, I usually dump the black, then the galley, and finally the bath grey tank, which rinses most of the really bad smelling stuff from the hose.

^^X2. If you have a clear elbow on your discharge line, you get a good idea about how things look. Cleanest water is from the shower/bathroom sink.

skmct
10-10-2021, 10:42 AM

Dido a must