PDA

View Full Version : Campgrounds & Sturgis

LT. A.J.D.
01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Made the trip in 2011 and enjoyed the Bike Rally as well as beautiful scenery and awesome roads for motorcycling. Spent part of the trip at the Hart Ranch RV Resort in Rapid City which is a great place. It is a private member campground and visitors must be members of the Coast To Coast camping club. Campground is like a 5-Star Resort with the best of everything and a fee of only $10.00 per night. They "blackout" dates during the rally giving first choice to their resort members who have this campground as their "home" campground in the network. We did 5 days there before the rally.

I would highly reccomend Wyatt's Hideaway Campground which is 10 miles outside of downtown Sturgis and about 5 miles outside of Belle Fouche. Great family run campground. Nothing fancy but clean. Pets are allowed. Reasonably priced at about $500.00 or so for a 10 day stay during the rally.

Make sure you get to Custer State Park, Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood and up to nearby Devil's Tower in Wyoming. Great riding all around the area. Don't miss a chance to ride Iron Mountain Rd and the Needles Highway which are beautiful and challenging.

We can't wait to get back to that part of the country and hope to hit the Rally again in 2013.

Enjoy your 2012 trip and bring a good camera!"bouncey:

gkainz
01-18-2012, 09:21 AM
I grew up in the Black Hills ... the best thing I had to say about Rally days was we high-tailed it to the north woods of Minnesota then.