PDA

View Full Version : Drain in shower

clearwaterpro
08-31-2021, 08:02 AM
I just bought a 2019 Keystone Sprinter Campfire 26RK. I noticed that when I step on the half-round shower floor, the floor with the drain moves up and down slightly. Is that normal? Thanks for any advice.

Brando
08-31-2021, 08:06 AM
It is. Same in my Outback TT, same shower. It's how the shower is built under what you're standing upon. I haven't had any leaking problem as a result.

JRTJH
08-31-2021, 08:12 AM
It's typical of most RV shower pans. That said, if you get down on your hands and knees, you'll see that the actual metal drain connection is not very sturdy and it is screwed onto a thin layer of fiberglass/plastic. Stepping on the drain "strainer" is an excellent way to damage or destroy a RV shower pan and create a leak that's hard to see until it's too late... I'd suggest always "stepping around the drain" rather than "stepping on the drain".

chuckster57
08-31-2021, 08:13 AM
Shower pans in trailers aren’t installed on a solid base, by that I mean the floor of the shower isn’t resting fully on the floor. What your experiencing is normal.

wiredgeorge
08-31-2021, 09:02 AM
Folks have been known to gain access to the area under the pan and put cribbing to brace it and stabilize the thin material so as not to damage it.

sourdough
08-31-2021, 09:04 AM
It is normal but I don't like it. In our last trailer it flexed and I figured sure as the world it would break or leak as soon as it was out of warranty. Took it in and told them I wanted it solid and they took care of it. They added bracing under the floor and made it solid as a rock. We had an access panel on the front of the bottom of the pan so figured they cut bracing to place under it. Worked like a champ for 6 years and was still solid when we got rid of it.

clearwaterpro
08-31-2021, 10:31 AM
Thank you. I really appreciate your response. I feel much better.