PDA

View Full Version : 2021 passport 219BH outdoor kitchen

clockmanjim
08-16-2021, 08:19 AM
Has anyone experienced a problem with lightening the gas stove in the outdoor kitchens on this unit? I've hooked up the gas line to the quick disconnect ( a pain in the butt ) and opened up the valve. When trying to light it at the best I get a very low flame and when I try to light the other burner, both go out. I know my gas works because my indoor stove top works.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone and if so, how did you correct it. My personnel opinion of the set up of the stove is that it's a pretty poor design. Thanks for any information,

Jim

JRTJH
08-16-2021, 08:28 AM
You may have rust flakes or other debris inside the gas line that has "migrated" to the quick connect fitting. If so, you'll need to remove (unscrew) the QD fitting, use compressed air to blow out the valve and reinstall the fitting. That should clear the debris from the valve and allow good gas flow to the fitting.

flybouy
08-16-2021, 09:03 AM
That quicl disconnect under the camper has a shut off valve on it. In order to "plug in" the hose the valve must be in the off position. Once youconnect, you must turn the valve on for gas to flow. If you can disconnect the hose then the valve is off. Valve off, handle pointed across the fitting, valve on, handle is in line with the fitting.

clockmanjim
08-16-2021, 04:59 PM
JRTJH, Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that, it makes sense.

flybouy, thanks for the info. The way you described it is the way I did it. Tried quite a few times with no results.

Jim

NH_Bulldog
08-16-2021, 05:28 PM
I have heard from quite a few people that the stove top they are using these days isn’t known for it’s high BTU output. The “older” models like on my 2019 work pretty good (Suburban two burner cooktop). But just in case it isn’t a stove design flaw, I would suggest checking the line for blockage/debris like John suggested, including from the black hose to the stove and through the burners. It all comes apart pretty easy.

clockmanjim
08-17-2021, 02:46 AM
NH, thanks for the added information
Jim

travelin texans
08-17-2021, 07:57 AM
You could also have a bad regulator at the tanks (they use the cheapest they can buy in bulk) or on the cooktop, could be a pinched hose if in a slide, just haven't had a chance to displace the air in the lines that far back or as mentioned just a POS cooktop. It's a new rv let warranty handle it.

clockmanjim
08-17-2021, 06:22 PM
Thanks TT, no slide on this trailer so that’s out. If the regulator was bad at the tanks, wouldn’t that affect the inside cook top also? Inside stove works great. Tried to purge lines most of last week. I’m going to be leaving on a 4 week trip after Labor Day so warranty isn’t entering the picture right now. I guess I’ll try cleaning the DQ and hose
Jim

JRTJH
08-17-2021, 06:32 PM
I've had a couple of hydraulic hoses where the inner lining came loose at one end and effectively became a "stopper" for hydraulic flow in that direction. Turn the hose around and it works with no problem... What happens is the inner lining folds over and acts as a "one way valve" stopping the hydraulic fluid from moving through the hose. While it's not a "probability" it is a "possibility" that your hose lining is "loose at the supply end" and stopping good gas flow through the hose. If possible, try turning the hose around and see if it flows better in the opposite direction..... I know that means changing fittings on the end of the hose to connect it to the QD and the stove fittings, but you can insert pneumatic fittings on the hose, effectively opening both ends, then just try to blow through the hose and see if there's a restriction in one direction.... If so, replace the hose and you may solve the issue.

clockmanjim
08-18-2021, 12:47 PM
JRTJH, something else to check out,

thanks,

Jim

clockmanjim
08-29-2021, 11:03 AM
Well today seemed to be my lucky day. I took the hose off of the back of the stove and blew it out with my compressor. Then I took the disconnect off of the gas line, hooked it to the hose, blew the whole thing out and success. I now have a functioning outdoor stove. Thanks to all for all the ideas.
Jim

JRTJH
08-29-2021, 02:56 PM
Glad it worked for you !!! Now, what time is supper ????? :cool:

clockmanjim
08-29-2021, 05:55 PM
The invitation is in the mail,,,,,,LOL