PDA

View Full Version : High Wind Damage? What 2 look for?

WYrv
08-15-2021, 10:59 AM
So we just had a massive wind storm. The place down the street that sells skids structures had several destroyed. I was out side and looked over to see the wind lift the front of my 2020 Outback up and off the tongue block. Slamming it down off the block.

Still pretty windy and crazy outside, I had the RV parked close to the house to help block the wind, but the wind came just right to lift it.

My wife’s flow basket go lifted off the hanger and they went over the house and landed in the back yard…

So what do I need to check. The tongue jack is working, but would that have been enough to bend the frame? Tweak wall? Luckily our slide was in and all the wheel were locked.

From here on out should we put down the stabilizer? In all honesty it was the strongest non tornado rated wind I have seen.

sourdough
08-15-2021, 11:09 AM
I think I would worry the most about the tongue jack, the leg and the 3 mounting screws that hold it. Doubt the frame got bent if the tongue jack leg didn't get damaged. I would give it a good once over to check for anything unusual but sounds like (cross fingers) you may be OK.

notanlines
08-15-2021, 01:17 PM
Remember also, if your stabilizers had been down they would probably be bent. Better to let the tires do their job.