PDA

View Full Version : Sagging under slide out

ramo135
08-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Hey guys. Im new to this forum and I’ve been struggling this problem... my floor under my slide out is sagging and it’s causing my slide out to be in even, and the roof isn’t touching the rubber wiper at the top anymore. Will I need to take out the slide out and replace the wood to even it back out? Thanks in advance

wiredgeorge
08-04-2021, 06:27 AM
Hey guys. Im new to this forum and I’ve been struggling this problem... my floor under my slide out is sagging and it’s causing my slide out to be in even, and the roof isn’t touching the rubber wiper at the top anymore. Will I need to take out the slide out and replace the wood to even it back out? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum. Answers will have more context if you go to the UserCP and add a signature with the camper's year, make and model as well as the same for your tow vehicle. It appears to be an older camper and in danger of serious damage from water intrusion via the top of the slide. Haven't seen this one before but we have smart people on this forum who may be able to offer some help if you provide the necessary information as I suggested. Good luck.

JRTJH
08-04-2021, 06:57 AM
It's very important to know if your slide is wood framed or if it's aluminum framed and the extent of damage to the existing structure. If it's aluminum and the framing is bent or wood and the framing is rotted, there's not much you can do except rebuild the slide frame "from the ground up". On the other hand, if the slide frame is in good condition and the wooden floor is rotted, you can replace the flooring and then address the roof not meeting the seal. It could be a bad seal rather than a "frame problem".

On the other hand, without knowing for sure, it could be much more serious, requiring a new roof structure.

Photos and more information would be helpful. Realize that from your current description, you could be facing the replacement of a part of the floor or a complete rebuild of the entire slide, starting with new framing, essentially building a completely new one..... MORE INFO AND PHOTOS !!!!!