PDA

View Full Version : Outback 325bh fridge issue found

Packerbacker20
07-12-2021, 06:28 PM
I posted a message a few days ago regarding the fridge in our Outback 325bh not working on gas when the slide is in. I did some investigating while camping this past weekend & sure enough when slide goes in the gas supply line gets kinked. My new question is has anyone else had this problem & what's the best solution? Also where can I fine a new hose, upon checking mine it is starting to crack where it's kinked. I have attached a few pictures to show my setup. Thanks in advance

chuckster57
07-12-2021, 06:34 PM
Depending on where you live, you can get a “hose” shop to make you a new hose, or you can get your local RV parts store to order remade hose.

As far as the kink, you could try to reroute the hose. You could get creative and get 2 hoses of shorter length and the use a 90 degree fitting where the kink would be.

rhagfo
07-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Best bet for a new hoses is to go to a propane distributor, they will likely be able to build you a custom hose, and maybe even be able to put a spring over it to keep from kinking. Best to take the old hose with you to get the correct ends.

chuckster57
07-12-2021, 06:58 PM
Best bet for a new hoses is to go to a propane distributor, they will likely be able to build you a custom hose, and maybe even be able to put a spring over it to keep from kinking. Best to take the old hose with you to get the correct ends.

I like the idea of a spring over it. I wouldn’t have thought of that.

sourdough
07-12-2021, 07:47 PM
I believe I had mentioned flex guard in another thread you have and you may not like it but it is designed for your situation. I would think your trailer had it originally but don't know that. Here is a link; better than wadding it up and hoping IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Components-1346291-Triple-Hardware/dp/B00S2ICIES/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3Z3QPH0ZIJYS&dchild=1&keywords=rv+flex+guard&qid=1626147918&sprefix=rv+flex+guard%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-2

rhagfo
07-12-2021, 09:04 PM
Well I know now if we look at a newer 5er I will investigate the path the gas line for a
Kitchen slide out uses.