PDA

View Full Version : Source for exterior range vent door?

smiller
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
The flapper door on my range vent (on the exterior of the RV) is broken. There doesn't appear to be any manufacturer marked on the part that I can see. I imagine that Keystone is not the only (or even the best) source, anyone know where I can order a replacement?

Thanks,

KanTC
01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I have an Accessories (& replacement parts) Catalog which shows range exhaust vents
by 2 companies: 1) Hengs, and 2) Ventline

Only shows the whole assembly... doesn't show the 'flapper door' sold alone, that I could find.

Found this one online
http://www.dyersonline.com/heng-s-polar-white-range-exhaust-vent.html

http://www.hengsindustries.com/index.html

http://www.ventline.com

Hope this helps,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

SteveC7010
01-05-2012, 05:21 PM
The flapper door on my range vent (on the exterior of the RV) is broken. There doesn't appear to be any manufacturer marked on the part that I can see. I imagine that Keystone is not the only (or even the best) source, anyone know where I can order a replacement?

Thanks,

The entire assembly is called a stove vent. There are probably only one or two models that are used by the entire RV industry. Ventline makes the most common one.

They are available at any RV dealer's parts counter and the usual online sources like pplmotorhomes

I did a quick google search and found lots of the entire vent assemblies but none of the doors. But the whole assembly sells for about $10 plus shipping.

smiller
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks Terri (and Steve), that was very helpful. I believe I have the Ventline unit. I was having difficulty searching but I was apparently using the wrong search terms. I'm not surprised that the door isn't available separately but at under $20 it doesn't matter much. As an aside I didn't know that there were electrically-operated units, I may go this way for a more secure closure and to not have to worry about the locking tabs.

Thanks again.

larrym
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey smiller, are you aware that PPL RV is probably close to you, depending on what "central Texas" means, right where Sam Houston tollway and Southwest Hwy (59) cross, right on the lower, SW corner of the beltway around the West side of Houston, you can look down over the freeway rail and see it can't miss it.

Jim W
01-06-2012, 06:40 AM
I also broke mine a year ago. I called my dealer and they stock the flapper door and or the complete assembly from Keystone. I had them mail the flapper door to me with the understanding I could return it if it was the incorrect size. The flapper door was the correct size and I replaced it with no issues. There are two different sizes used by Keystone depending on the trailer and stove, according to the dealer.
I believe the cost difference was between the entire assembly and just the flapper door was $5.00.
My Dealer is Pontiac RV in Pontiac IL.

smiller
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
It looks like I can do a repair with JB Weld that will be at least as strong as (actually probably a lot stronger) than the original. Going to give that a try, nothing to lose but a few minutes effort and some drying time.

larrym
01-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Ahh, JB Weld, great stuff. I repaired a 4 inch crack in the side of a small block Chevy (water jacket) on a Friday night before weekend races. It was a high HP buld and took lots of abuse, it held all summer long. Better living through chemistry. :bdance:

smiller
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't ever think I've had a properly done (the key) JB Weld repair fail on me. As long as your expectations are reasonable that stuff is amazing.

mhs4771
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
You can buy just the flapper, as I replaced ours earlier in the season. Local Service Center had it in stock, but I don't have the info on it with me now, sorry. But as said, they are out there.

smiller
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
My repaired version will be stronger than a mere replacement. When done I should be able to make it do double-duty as a jack stand.