PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Laredo 303TG Mystery Switch??

ElyFitz
06-25-2021, 01:56 PM
Forgive me for being such a newb, but what the heck is the very bottom switch for? I can't for the life of me figure it out.... :facepalm:

https://flic.kr/p/2m7xYGc
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51269966067_a5699a38c2_k.jpg

Ken / Claudia
06-25-2021, 04:38 PM
I don't know, but here's what I would do. Turn it ON and look inside and outside until you see a light on. While everything else is off. Also after that, turn every light switch on and make sure all lights work.

flybouy
06-25-2021, 04:53 PM
If the above doesn't work then turn all switches on, including the light fixtures inside. Then turn that one switch off and see if anything goes out. On our trailer there's one switch that controls 3 of the overhead lights even though they have switches on the light itself. I used a label maker and indicated what each switch controls.

ElyFitz
06-25-2021, 06:36 PM
If the above doesn't work then turn all switches on, including the light fixtures inside. Then turn that one switch off and see if anything goes out. On our trailer there's one switch that controls 3 of the overhead lights even though they have switches on the light itself. I used a label maker and indicated what each switch controls.

Yeah, the left switch of the 3 gang controls the 3 main overhead lights in the kitchen/living area. The middle & right are exterior lights.

Iíve turned everything on, and flipped it with no changes and everything off and still nothing. The only thing I notice is a slight flicker in the lights when I flip it on like itís adding some draw, but I'm lost on this one.

flybouy
06-25-2021, 06:58 PM
Yeah, the left switch of the 3 gang controls the 3 main overhead lights in the kitchen/living area. The middle & right are exterior lights.

Iíve turned everything on, and flipped it with no changes and everything off and still nothing. The only thing I notice is a slight flicker in the lights when I flip it on like itís adding some draw, but I'm lost on this one.

Your camper is very similar to mine. In mine, the plate is a 4 gang (2 over 2) and the switches control 3 interior lights, the porch light, the scare light (round light mounted high in the front corner of the curb side), and the step lights. The step lights on mine are just an amber clearence light mounted in the recess of the step well.

ElyFitz
06-26-2021, 04:18 AM
Your camper is very similar to mine. In mine, the plate is a 4 gang (2 over 2) and the switches control 3 interior lights, the porch light, the scare light (round light mounted high in the front corner of the curb side), and the step lights. The step lights on mine are just an amber clearence light mounted in the recess of the step well.

Yes, this was it! Couldnít see the amber step lights at all during the day, but last night while trying to kill a mosquito I saw the faint orange glow.

Looks like I have a couple more incandescent bulbs to replace :D

Thanks for all the responses!

flybouy
06-26-2021, 04:56 AM
Yes, this was it! Couldnít see the amber step lights at all during the day, but last night while trying to kill a mosquito I saw the faint orange glow.

Looks like I have a couple more incandescent bulbs to replace :D

Thanks for all the responses!

Several years ago I replaced the stop/turn lights with new LED fixtures. The original elcheapos would corrode constantly and you barely see the brake lights in daylight. I installed all clearence lights with replacement lenses that have the LEDs built into the lense and a pigtail that plugs into the original lighbulb socket. I drive with lights on in the daytime and now they are visible. One of the top 5 upgrades I've made to the camper IMO.