PDA

View Full Version : Best sites to figure RV value?

CelticRose
06-21-2021, 01:17 PM
We are selling our 2005 Cougar Outback. I'm having difficulty finding sites to figure out a ballpark figure of the trailer's value. If anyone has any recommendations for good websites I would greatly appreciate it! It doesn't seem as easy as Kelly Blue Book for autos! Thank you!

jasin1
06-21-2021, 01:20 PM
We are selling our 2005 Cougar Outback. I'm having difficulty finding sites to figure out a ballpark figure of the trailer's value. If anyone has any recommendations for good websites I would greatly appreciate it! It doesn't seem as easy as Kelly Blue Book for autos! Thank you!

I would look at rv trader and also search the web for your same model and look what other people have them advertised for

Texas Steve
06-21-2021, 01:22 PM
Might try RVTrader.com. Look up your make, model, and year to get an idea what other folks are asking for theirs either near or far. Might give you some idea what its worth. You can ask anything you feel is reasonable, you just need to get someone to agree to it!:cool: Good Luck!

Getn off
06-21-2021, 01:28 PM
For what its worth, when I traded my last 5er in, all 4 dealers I was working with begrudgingly admitted they use KBB wholesale WITHOUT any options as their offer price. 1 dealer would budge a bit higher once I explained mine had every mfg option.
Retail? I would use the same and maybe add 10% as an asking price.
Time of year will make a big difference too.
GL!
Troy

Roper46
06-21-2021, 02:25 PM
For what its worth, when I traded my last 5er in, all 4 dealers I was working with begrudgingly admitted they use KBB wholesale WITHOUT any options as their offer price. 1 dealer would budge a bit higher once I explained mine had every mfg option.
Retail? I would use the same and maybe add 10% as an asking price.
Time of year will make a big difference too.
GL!
Troy

This is correct on the wholesale. I realy want to trade my TT for a 5er. Went to a dealer, not CW where I bought the TT, and was told all dealers only give wholesale. Doesn't seem right to me since my TT is decked out even w the second A/C unit.

So I will keep my TT and wait to see what the RV market does. :banghead:

NH_Bulldog
06-21-2021, 03:26 PM
I usually review Nada and KBB.

nellie1289
06-21-2021, 03:29 PM
This is correct on the wholesale. I realy want to trade my TT for a 5er. Went to a dealer, not CW where I bought the TT, and was told all dealers only give wholesale. Doesn't seem right to me since my TT is decked out even w the second A/C unit.

So I will keep my TT and wait to see what the RV market does. :banghead:

RV market is scorching hot. post it on craigslist, will probably be gone in 48 hours.

JRTJH
06-21-2021, 07:15 PM
Do some more research on exactly what trailer you own...

There is no "Cougar Outback" trailer. The Cougar line is one trailer brand and the Outback line is a different trailer brand. They are both produced by Keystone...

There was, in 2005, a "rear garage" (the predecessor of the outdoor kitchen) that was an option on three Cougar floorplans. It was not called the "outback" but was called the "rear garage" and was only available on the 281, 301, and 314 models. The Outback line got its name from the "rear sliding bed" that was built into the rear (outback) part of the trailer. It was significantly larger than a "rear garage".....

Make sure what you have before trying to establish a price. As stated, the RV market is "blazing hot" right now and some trailers 5-10 years old in good condition are selling for more than the new purchase price.