PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator Circuit

Timothyjs
06-13-2021, 04:13 AM
I am wondering if the refrigerator and water heater share the same circuit on a 2016 Keystone Hideout. Also, when I turn the breaker on it sounds like a fan or electric motor or something is running. What is that? Is it the refrigerator?

chuckster57
06-13-2021, 04:40 AM
Which breaker are you turning off? Water heaters are usually on a breaker by itself. The fridge is usually on a circuit with the outlets and may be on the GFI circuit. If the converter is on the breaker your turning off/on then your hearing the cooling fan for the converter.

Timothyjs
06-13-2021, 04:46 AM
The circuit is labeled water heater. When I turn it on I hear the electric fan kick on. Also I noticed the fridge won’t run on electric but selects gas if it is off so I am assuming that means it shares the same circuit. GFI is on a separate breaker. I have them all on accept AC right now because I’m not on 30 amp power at home yet. I wish there was a circuit diagram I could get that shows everything for this trailer.

chuckster57
06-13-2021, 04:49 AM
It does sound like the refer is on the same circuit. Listen close at the breaker panel when you turn that breaker off and back on. If the fan sound is right there then it is the cooling fan for the converter.

Timothyjs
06-13-2021, 04:53 AM
Okay thanks. The sound is right there when I flip the circuit.