PDA

View Full Version : Important decision

turbopilot51
12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
The dw and I are debating where to place the toilet paper holder. The Alpine 3500RE leaves little space for mounting one. Any suggestions or where have others placed them? :confused:

CarKath
12-29-2011, 04:54 AM
I just installed one in my alpine 2 days ago. I placed ours on the wall between the toilet and hallway, directly beside toilet.

Here is the one we installed https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjyAtqBaeX_NWXGe9Nyjb2plMYg7aX8 a5r4cI8xX9fDoxYKf_2

I'll get a picture of it in place and post it for you.

jbsmith
12-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Any suggestions or where have others placed them? :confused:

We decided to go with a free standing TP holder that matched our fixtures. They were much more robust and also provided a place to store an emergency roll. There are numerous selections at various bed and bath stores.

CarKath
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Here is the picture of what we decided to do.

jbsmith
12-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Here is the picture of what we decided to do.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Paddler
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I am still amazed Keystone didn't mount the toilet paper holder on the Alpines. How much money did Keystone save? :confused:

SteveC7010
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
I am still amazed Keystone didn't mount the toilet paper holder on the Alpines. How much money did Keystone save? :confused:

It wasn't mounted in our Cougar either. Now that I think about it, our '99 Sunline came with the tp holder, soap holder, and toothbrush holder all in a box, too.

I think they leave the mounting of these personal things up to the purchaser.

FWIW, our Cougar has a huge linen cabinet slideout right next to the thundermug. We've just been keeping the tp in there, completely out of sight, along with some reading material. Might just leave it like that for a while longer. :)

Paddler
12-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Steve, how much do you want to bet those items were supose to be installed by the selling dealership? :)

chain_dogg
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
We decided to go with a free standing TP holder that matched our fixtures. They were much more robust and also provided a place to store an emergency roll. There are numerous selections at various bed and bath stores.

us too...bed bath and beyond

SteveC7010
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Steve, how much do you want to bet those items were supose to be installed by the selling dealership? :)

Actually, the Sunline dealer told us that they were left for us to place where we thought they'd work best.

So I never even questioned the Keystone dealer about it. :)

dspriggs
12-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Our dealer offered to install the paper holder on our Cougar wherever I wanted it during the PDI, and I suggested they wait and let me do it after I thought about where to put it.

byrdr1
12-31-2011, 05:09 AM
Our dealer offered to install the paper holder on our Cougar wherever I wanted it during the PDI, and I suggested they wait and let me do it after I thought about where to put it.

Same here. I ended up buying a free standing TP holder and it sits beside the toilet. Also bought a TP holder that holds 3-4 rolls. Works for us.

chain_dogg
12-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Here is a picture......

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_25564_0_fba1566bd4772164ddec3e36c38b3a97.jpg

http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/1.gif

hsmunoz
12-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Ha! I am a lefty so I put mine between the toilet and the shower on the wall.

wife gave me a dirty look so I offered to add a second one on the wall opposite the hallway. then she gave me an even dirtier look!

I actually called Keystone to ask why it was missing. They confirmed that they do not install one because they left it to customers to put them where they wanted. weird!