PDA

View Full Version : Dometic Refrigerator T-shooting Tips

zwilson50
06-03-2021, 01:40 PM
My family owns a 2017 Springdale 240BH. We purchased it used in March 2020. Everything worked fine last summer. The first time we went camping in May, the refrigerator wasn't cool. The on and auto buttons seem to operate correctly. Check indicator lit up and turned off when plugged in

During the off-camping months, our camper was stored beside our house plugged in. I believe we turned the propane off but left the refrigerator on auto-all winter.

I have looked up YT videos but they mostly pertain to when the refrigerator works when plugged in but not on propane.

I would be grateful if someone has gone through something like this and has tips to start troubleshooting.

Thanks.

chuckster57
06-03-2021, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm

I take it your fridge isnít working on LP? If the cylinders have been off for a while, or removed and filled then it may take a few tries to get the fridge to light.

You can light the stove to help purge air, even the water heater on LP will help purge air. Try starting the fridge on LP, it it faults, turn it off for 15 seconds and try again. Do this 5 times and post back the results.

wiredgeorge
06-03-2021, 03:29 PM
It also takes a camper refrigerator a LONG time to cool off completely.

MarkEHansen
06-07-2021, 06:23 AM
If the fridge was running all winter while the trailer was parked, was the trailer (reasonably) level during this time?

skids
06-07-2021, 07:02 AM
The auto light means it will run off of the power cord if it can. The check indicator means that something went wrong.

zwilson50
06-07-2021, 09:19 AM
As far as I know. It is parked on the side of my house. I will check that tonight. If it is off, it wouldn't be too severe.

zwilson50
06-07-2021, 09:20 AM
Correct. I was describing that the normal start-up sequence was normal (LP vs electric).