PDA

View Full Version : Selling

champyun03
06-03-2021, 08:16 AM
What is the best source for determining the value of your used RV?

Best place or site to sell?

wiredgeorge
06-03-2021, 08:32 AM
What is the best source for determining the value of your used RV?

Best place or site to sell?

You will get lots of opinions. Best way to determine the value is to look at RVTrader and see what dealers and folks are selling your model for. The asking price will generally more that the gettin' price so keep that in mind. In other words I might ask $10000 for my camper but likely would get $5-7K. Don't bother look at NADA as they list retail prices and I have found these prices don't reflect actual selling or even asking prices. Some sellers will quote NADA but fact is, they don't have a retail business which are what prices are listed for. Selling? PPLmotorhomes.com consignment seems to be turning over campers quickly. Not sure how much I would trust many consignment sellers unless you are familiar with the way they do things. Some folks sell Craigslist or Facebook market place and if you are on a main road, perhaps just a sign in the window will do it?

chuckster57
06-03-2021, 10:01 AM
RV trader is pretty good. NADA is another resource.

JRTJH
06-03-2021, 10:37 AM
Using RV Trader, every "same model 27RKS" from 2012 through 2018 are all selling for (asking price) more than I paid for mine new, including tax, transportation and all optional equipment.

Using NADA and "squeeking as much as I can in optional equipment" into the price, mine is selling for a little over half what I paid new (minus tax, transportation and optional equipment),

So there's a $15,000 difference in what dealers are asking for a rig like mine and what NADA suggests it's worth at retail on the used market....

Who is right? Who is wrong? It all depends on how many people are looking for "this model at this time in this place".....

As a comparison, I am looking at a specific sports car as a "toy" to use in the summers. There are none available here, the ones in the southeast are $30K, the ones around Dallas or Houston are $35K and the same car in California is $45+... It all depends on how many people are competing to buy the same car vs how long they have been sitting on the lot "gathering dust"....

Consumer demand determines value in the used market more than most (maybe all) other factors.....

Northofu1
06-03-2021, 02:30 PM
I used autotrader to gauge what my TT was worth.

Gegrad
06-03-2021, 06:36 PM
I had good luck selling my old passport on RV trader. Because it is specific to RVs, you tend to get more serious and more reliable buyers vs. a mass marketplace like Craigslist or FB marketplace. Pay a small fee and get tons of high quality picture space for a decent amount of time.