PDA

View Full Version : Adding a 2nd AC

Brianandcher
06-02-2021, 04:35 PM
Hi all,
I have a 2018 Keystone Passport 3290bh.
We are considering adding a second AC- HOT SUMMER!
The TT is wired for a second AC- is it safe to assume the roof has been supported for it as well? Any other advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Brian

chuckster57
06-02-2021, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If your trailer is prewired for a second AC unit then the vent will take the weight. You need to decide if you want ducted/non ducted and if you have in command you will need to either tie in or get a plenum controlled unit.

Brianandcher
06-02-2021, 04:46 PM
Thank you, just dropped the shroud on the vent and I can see aluminum stabilizing all around it, so I think it’s good. It’s non-ducted so I should be good to go! No I’m-command so I will just go with the ceiling controls. Thoughts on how big of a job this will be?
Also, how clean do I have to get the roof where the seal goes? Wondering how much sealant will be around and under the current vent

chuckster57
06-02-2021, 04:51 PM
Should a very easy install. AC wiring and your golden. We remove as much Dicor/putty tape as possible and then use eternabond to make a smooth non sticky surface.

Make sure you get the 4 mounting bolts threaded straight. Then going around, tighten them in steps until the gasket is compressed to about 1/2 itís original thickness.