PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting of Metal Studs

Jack Price
06-02-2021, 09:41 AM
My Bullet has outlines of metal studs on exterior fiberglass wall. No delamination that I can see. Ghosting is on side of TT that gets most sun. Questions: Is this a sign of delmaination and/or can it be remedied?

Thnks much and just joined forum

gearhead
06-02-2021, 09:59 AM
I've seen it on all our previous RV's. I believe it is dew that forms overnight on the exterior and gets scorched, for lack of a better word, by the sun. The temperature differential between the insulated areas and the non insulated studs indicates where the temperature differential is.
We're not too far from the coast and have very heavy dew and then when the intense sun gets up it cooks the dew.
It will cause oxidation of the exterior siding. I fought it for years...polishing and waxing. I suspect I compounded the thin shiny coat off the filon exterior.
I traded it off for the full body paint Landmark.

travelin texans
06-02-2021, 12:51 PM
My Bullet has outlines of metal studs on exterior fiberglass wall. No delamination that I can see. Ghosting is on side of TT that gets most sun. Questions: Is this a sign of delmaination and/or can it be remedied?

Thnks much and just joined forum

Take pictures of both sides of the rv while those ghost images are visible, it could come in handy at a later date to know where they're at if needing to mount something inside or out.

dutchmensport
06-02-2021, 04:04 PM
I think it's actually pretty common to see the "ghosting". I was shocked one morning and saw this. Then I realized it was humidity and sweating from the temperature difference between inside and outside the camper. I went nuts taking photos of everything on the camper, for the exact reason stated above... if I ever wanted to find one of the studs.

https://i.imgur.com/YYE73WV.jpg