PDA

View Full Version : No power to stereo

sprinter276
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I have an jensen 5000. I do not have power to it. Any info will help thx, sprinter:confused::confused:

SteveC7010
12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I have an jensen 5000. I do not have power to it. Any info will help thx, sprinter:confused::confused:

I am presuming that it did work and now it does not?

Do the other 12vdc lights and such still work OK?

If the answers to both questions are "Yes.", then check the 12vdc fuses in the main power panel.

You may have to be prepared to remove the unit from the wall and check the back it for disconnected wires. There may also be one or more inline fuses back there too that will need to be checked.

If you are unable to remove the unit to perform these checks, then it needs to be looked at by someone who is familiar with these systems.

rjsurfer
12-28-2011, 03:42 AM
If you have no power to the unit it's probably a fuse, there is one in the back of the unit, you have to take the radio out to get to it...

But, if you have back lighting on the LCD screen and nothing else your MP-5000 is toast. I have gone through two of them before I gave up on them. I tried taking them apart and could get no where, piece of China crap.

Ron W.

campingcpl
12-28-2011, 07:10 AM
We had to replace our Jensen MP5000 this fall after our last camping trip. It worked fine the night before and then when we got up the next morning there was power to the back light but nothing to the LCD screen and could not get anything to work. I checked all the fuses including the inline fuses behind the stereo and nothing was blown. I ended up replacing it with a new upgraded version of the same stereo. The AWM970 or the AMW975 will both fit the same hole and uses the same wiring harness as the MP5000 which made for an easy swap.
http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen-am-fm-cd-dvd-usb-wb-wallmount-stereo.html
http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen-am-fm-cd-dvd-usb-wb-ipod-ready-wallmount-stereo-with-hdmi-video-output.html

sprinter276
12-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I'LL try all the above in the A.M. I'll let you know if I have any luck Thx sprinter

sprinter276
12-29-2011, 11:14 AM
:bdance: thx, it was an in line fuse

rjsurfer
12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Good news !!!

Ron W.

Mobile Motel
05-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I see alot of posts about this unit......I too am having problems with my unit on my 2008 Cougar. It has always worked great then two days ago, I was listening to it and the screen went blank, the clock reset to default and all saved programming buttons were erased. I removed it from the wall and checked the wiring but found no faults. I can remove the fuse and it will reset for about two minutes then drop out again. Other forums I read there is a reset button on the faceplate. Ill try that then contact Keystone for warranty info.