PDA

View Full Version : Interior Wall Repair Help

Carey
05-23-2021, 07:57 PM
I have a 2012 Keystone Raptor, and in the last leg of our 3500 mile trip, the dining table (which was snapped into the frame on the u-shaped couch), flew out and put a hole in our interior wall. Anyone know a good way to fix this?

It’s about half over the wall paper and have in the textured wallboard. I could cover it with something, but was wondering if there’s a way to repair the hole better.

JRTJH
05-24-2021, 03:48 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Some photos of the damaged area would give the members a much better idea of the extend of damage and help with any suggestions on the best ways to repair it.

Carey
05-29-2021, 08:07 PM
Here’s the damaged area. It’s probably 3-4” in length, and is mainly just a thin crack in the interior wall. It might even hide ok if I could get them even again, but now they’re offset about 1/16” or so

JRTJH
05-30-2021, 07:16 AM
If you look at the walls in your trailer, you'll see that the luan panels are "taped over the joints/seams" with a 1" wide strip of "matching vinyl tape"... If you can find a "well hidden seam" and pull the tape from that area, you could use some adhesive to "glue it over the lighter part of the damage and use some "spray paint, mixed from various colors" to "brush a blended paint over the dark part of the damage".

Trying to find a matching seam tape for the dark part would be extremely difficult. Trekwood.com may have the lighter color tape in stock, but you'd have to buy an entire roll to repair a 2 or 3 inch area, so "finding a place with tape you can "acquire" inside your trailer would be significantly less expensive.