PDA

View Full Version : Fuse location for rear stabilizer Passport 219bh

Michael B
05-22-2021, 07:44 AM
First post here as we recently upgraded from a pop up to a travel trailer. When we got home and unhitched, the rear power stabilizer didn't work. Not a big deal to crank by hand but it would have been nice for it to work at least once! I see no fuses near the motor. The converter panel in by the bunks has no fuse for stabilizers. The dealer has lead my down a dead end twice now, I guess they don't know where the fuse is either. Checked the black box by the battery and it only has connections, no fuses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

travelin texans
05-22-2021, 08:13 AM
Are you plugged into shore power?
It worked when connected to truck?
Sounds like a very or dead battery.

Michael B
05-22-2021, 08:22 AM
Front stabilizer works fine, so it's not a battery issue. I've been plugged in every way.

chuckster57
05-22-2021, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If you look back near the rear jacks there might be a circuit breaker, It will be rectangular and haver two post on it. Some are auto resetting and others haver a small button on the side. you probably have another one on the frame near the battery.

Michael B
05-22-2021, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I've include 3 photos that may be helpful to someone w/ more knowledge then me. The first one is next to the stab motor. The other two are near the battery, beneath and above. The black box near the battery is just posts and connections, no fuses or breakers of any sort. I also took the switch out to check connection and last night opened up the cabinet on the other side of the switch.

Carl n Susan
05-22-2021, 12:38 PM
Those rectangular fixtures covered by red plastic sure look like self-resetting circuit breakers. You might want to check the voltage on each side of the breaker (just pop off the plastic cover) to be sure they are still functional.

Michael B
05-22-2021, 07:03 PM
Thanks, I'm now familiar and it is an auto resetting breaker. While my wife pushed the switch and there was about 12v both sides. Is the assumption a bad (new) motor?

chuckster57
05-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Make sure the connections are good. If they are then yeah bad motor, not a common failure.