PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Mexico

Magellan
12-24-2011, 03:37 PM
We just arrived home to New Mexico after purchasing a Passport 195RB in Denver. Our towing vehicle is a 6 cylinder Ford Sport Trac rated to pull 5080 lbs. For the most part, the trip back, all 444 miles of it, was uneventful, and we managed to drive at 60 MPH until we hit headwinds of maybe 25 MPH. That slowed us to 50 MPH. As we have just purchased our 195RB, we did not have a chance to install a sway/weight distribution hitch. Nevertheless, we didn't experience any problems even in the headwind and semis passing. I know this has been a frequently discussed topic, so I thought I put in my 2 cents worth. Also, our gas mileage plummeted from a normal 17 MPG to only 10 MPG, but we expected this.

So far no problems noticed except a slight separation of the lining inside the storage compartment. It appears to be minimal and we will caulk it when the weather warms up.

We're looking forward to many happy times in our Passport and will keep you abreast of any developments.

Festus2
12-24-2011, 03:50 PM
"Uneventful" trips are often the best ones! Congratulations on your new Passport and hope that all of your future outings are enjoyable and trouble-free. Welcome to the group and enjoy your new Xmas present!

hankpage
12-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Welcome and many years of enjoyment from your new Passport. :wave: Hank

mobile42
12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome to a great group RV'ers. There is a lot of knowledge in here so hope your looking forward to finding it here and of course, Congratulations on your new Passport. Who knows, someday we'll pass paths here in New Mexico!