PDA

View Full Version : Bullet 2200bh hitch ball size?

alesure
05-06-2021, 06:07 AM
My wife and I are picking up our new 2021 2200bh in 2 weeks. I've searched a lot of websites looking for the ball size for the hitch and I haven't found anything that definitively states the size needed for a 2200bh. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

sourdough
05-06-2021, 06:18 AM
Should be 2 5/16". Your dealer can look at the coupler and tell you for certain - it should be stamped on it.

sourdough
05-06-2021, 06:31 AM
My wife and I are picking up our new 2021 2200bh in 2 weeks. I've searched a lot of websites looking for the ball size for the hitch and I haven't found anything that definitively states the size needed for a 2200bh. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, welcome to the forum! Overlooked that in my previous post. Happy to have you.

alesure
05-06-2021, 07:22 AM
Thanks! We're excited to start the camping season in something besides a tent! My kids are more excited than we are....

JRTJH
05-06-2021, 08:14 AM
When you go to buy a 2 5/16" ball, make sure you get one that has the correct weight rating.... The maximum weight capacity is stamped on the ball.

You don't want to be towing a 5000 pound trailer with a ball rated at 5000 pounds when for $2 more you can buy a ball rated at 10,000 pounds....

Also, make sure the threaded part of the ball is the correct diameter for the hitch you're installing it on. You don't want to have a 1/2" shank hitch "wobbling" in a 3/4" receiver hole... That's a sure way to "shear the shank and have a trailer "tied to the truck with the chains"...

Pay attention to "which ball you buy" they aren't all the same that come in different colors....

alesure
05-06-2021, 08:43 AM
When you go to buy a 2 5/16" ball, make sure you get one that has the correct weight rating.... The maximum weight capacity is stamped on the ball.

You don't want to be towing a 5000 pound trailer with a ball rated at 5000 pounds when for $2 more you can buy a ball rated at 10,000 pounds....

Also, make sure the threaded part of the ball is the correct diameter for the hitch you're installing it on. You don't want to have a 1/2" shank hitch "wobbling" in a 3/4" receiver hole... That's a sure way to "shear the shank and have a trailer "tied to the truck with the chains"...

Pay attention to "which ball you buy" they aren't all the same that come in different colors....

Excellent tips...thanks!

lcarver02
05-16-2021, 02:52 PM
Check with the Dealer, go see them. It is stamped on the Trailer Ball receiver. Get a good one, buy a tube of lube. Consider a good Equalizing Hitch, you will likely need it. A good investment. Not a lot of sense getting a receiver and ball if you need a Equalizing Hitch, double work.