PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning/waxing Rv front cap

Frisbeekev
05-01-2021, 02:56 PM
I am getting ready to polish the rv before we head out this month. My question is how does everyone handle cleaning/waxing the front cap? Without having a walk on roof access to the top middle is a s stretch and I find myself reaching and leaning alot and can barely get it. Any better ways to access it?

Javi
05-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Man lift ��

sourdough
05-01-2021, 03:37 PM
I have multiple ladders of different styles and heights. Looking at the trailer the front swoops back similar to my last one. I use(d) a Lion telescoping ladder with rubber feet. You can position it pretty well but you do still have to "lean" to get to spots.

Canonman
05-01-2021, 04:07 PM
I use a 10 ft A frame and even then it gets a little scary

Camping family
05-01-2021, 04:14 PM
I purchased a 12 foot platform ladder. Wasnít cheap but it works great for cleaning the roof and washing the 5th wheel. Will know tomorrow how while it works for waxing but Iím sure it will be great. I like it because it has a platform to stand on along with a rail around it. Being I have an artificial leg I fell safe on it.

JRTJH
05-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Park your trailer on a level pad (preferably concrete) and park the truck with the tailgate open on one side. Set up your step ladder on the other side and put a 2x12x12' through the appropriate rung on the step ladder, across the trailer tongue and lay it on the tail gate. It's easy to position it closer or further from the actual trailer cap so you aren't leaning too far over the propane tanks.

Work back and forth until you're low enough that you don't need the scaffolding.

I use two step ladders, one on each side of the pinbox to work on my trailer cap.