PDA

View Full Version : Hot water

Boostdb17a1
04-29-2021, 06:58 PM
We r newbies and want to know how to get hot water in our 1800bh?

chuckster57
04-29-2021, 07:21 PM
Depends on your brand of water heater.

First thing is to be sure it’s not “bypassed”. You can do this by locating the back of your water heater and look at the valve(s). If it has 1 valve it will be on the lower inlet and water will flow in the direction of the handle.

Next is to insure that there is water in the tank. Easiest way is to go outside to the water heater, look for a pressure relief valve at the top. Pull the handle and if you get a gush of air or water the tank is ready.

Go inside and turn in a hot tap. Let it run for a minute, and if you get air let it run until you get a steady stream of water.

Now the fun begins. Go back outside and look at the lower left corner, you may have a switch. It is upside down on purpose, turn it ON and you should be good in 15-20 minutes. You may have a couple switches on the monitor panel.

If you do one is for the 110 volt element and the other is for LP (propane). Your ok to turn both on for faster results.

Hope this gets you going.

sourdough
04-29-2021, 07:46 PM
What are the steps you've taken to get "hot" water? There are several of them to get things going. In your trailer I would figure you have an Atwood heater but who knows. As mentioned, what you've done to get hot water going will guide the rest of the responses; it just doesn't "happen" in an RV.

MarkEHansen
04-30-2021, 11:04 AM
Next is to insure that there is water in the tank. Easiest way is to go outside to the water heater, look for a pressure relief valve at the top. Pull the handle and if you get a gush of air or water the tank is ready.

Doesn't this result in the removal of the air pocket? I've always been told that you need to have a hot water faucet/spigot open when you open the pressure relief valve.

- turn off water to the trailer
- open a hot water faucet
- open the pressure relief value until water stops coming out
- close pressure relief value
- close the hot water faucet
- restore water to the trailer

chuckster57
04-30-2021, 12:15 PM
Yeah, but I know techs that don’t believe you need that gap, and not knowing if the OP’s was in bypass or not, I believe I said if you get water close it, and if you get a gush of air go inside and open a faucet hot side to bleed it.

It was past my bed time, and I had sleep medication in my system.