PDA

View Full Version : Fan upgrade Keystone Sprinter 333FKS

Flapjack
04-29-2021, 01:13 PM
By chance has anyone ever upgraded the ceiling vent fans in this model or a similar trailer ?

mikec557
04-29-2021, 06:56 PM
By chance has anyone ever upgraded the ceiling vent fans in this model or a similar trailer ?

Similar, but different. What's your question or goal?

Flapjack
04-30-2021, 03:19 AM
I guess I’m wondering level of difficulty/ cost / and which aftermarket vent would be recommended . The goal is to increase flow as the stock are flimsy and barely pulling air at this point

notanlines
04-30-2021, 03:43 AM
Flap, this is a little off the subject, but will serve you well. Try this site and see if it might make a big difference. DW and I had one in our Raptor and John has one in his Cougar. Rave reviews:
http://www.fabulousoperatingproducts.com/

flybouy
04-30-2021, 04:34 AM
I'm trying to decipher this. What "vents"? Bathroom, bedroom or living room?
What are you trying to acomplish? Cool off the trailer instead of using the a/c? Draw more air out of the bathroom?

If you want to ventilate the entire trailer then I think a fantastic fan is hard to beat. Upgrade the whipy bathroom fan then there are lest costly alternatives. I replaced our fart fan years ago with a "Heng's Vortex Fan". it's worked great for 10 years now. As far as dificulty you'll need some basic tools and skils and if there isn't a fan there now then youmay have to steal power from a nearby source like a ceiling light.

chuckster57
04-30-2021, 04:51 AM
I upgraded my vents in the bedroom and family room. Both have MaxAir 10 speed in/out. Family room has remote since ceiling is high. Very simple IMO, remove old vent, locate 12VDC source. Connect, install and seal. I chose MaxAir because the vent lid doesn’t require an additional cover to use in the rain.

We use one to blow in and the other to blow out in the evening and at night.

Flapjack
04-30-2021, 07:05 AM
Thanks all for the response and information.. yes the bathroom and kitchen area screen vent w small fan .. looking to draw more air out of camper exactly .. not referring to air conditioning unit w fans .. thanks again all

Flapjack
04-30-2021, 07:06 AM
Thank you!

Sarge2
04-30-2021, 12:12 PM
I replaced our fart fan years ago with a "Heng's Vortex Fan". it's worked great for 10 years now. As far as dificulty you'll need some basic tools and skils and if there isn't a fan there now then youmay have to steal power from a nearby source like a ceiling light.

I just put in two of the Hengs vortex II replacement fans and they move a ton of air even with the TT still under cover.. Had to wire the Kitchen vent as it was non powered... just found the power and ground from a ceiling light and wired it into that.. Only draw back was it was switched... I'll be looking for a full 12v power source that isn't switched once I get it uncovered... but for now it should be fine.

NH_Bulldog
04-30-2021, 01:39 PM
I just installed a Heng’s Vortex II in the main living area. I went with the vortex II because I didn't want to disturb anything on the roof. I fished a wire in the ceiling cavity from the range hood over the stove to power the fan. It has multiple speeds, is reversible, it’s quiet and is really easy to install

Sarge2
04-30-2021, 03:37 PM
I fished a wire in the ceiling cavity from the range hood over the stove to power the fan. It has multiple speeds, is reversible, it’s quiet and is really easy to install[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what I need to do to get off the switched wiring...... Thanks..