PDA

View Full Version : how to empty black and gray tanks in a cougar 32rli travel trailer

delton
04-25-2021, 07:45 AM
I have a sliver valve to dump the black water but no valve to dump the grey water only a separate pipe next to it with no sliver valve. how do I dump the grey and do I need two sewer hoses.

chuckster57
04-25-2021, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If you only have one 3" outlet and you see a 3" AND a 1 1/2" pipe connected to it then there will be a seperate handle to pull for the gray tank. Look up by the tires along the outside edge of the frame.

delton
04-25-2021, 07:52 AM
I have one outlet with a dump valve and on the trailer above it say black water, about 20 inches to the right of it is another same size pipe with no dump valve and above it says grey water twice.

chuckster57
04-25-2021, 08:50 AM
I have NEVER seen the gray tanks not have a separate valve. You may have to lay on your back and shimmy around, its there somewhere. DO you have a convenience center? maybe two pull handles there?

Maineiacs
04-25-2021, 08:51 AM
I have one outlet with a dump valve and on the trailer above it say black water, about 20 inches to the right of it is another same size pipe with no dump valve and above it says grey water twice.

I have a 32RLI with the same setup. You'll need to get down low and look at the outside of your frame rail. The handle for the gray water dump valve is there UNLESS it's fallen off! If there's no handle, look to see if there's a 1/4 inch hole in the rail and a slit in the underbelly covering. It's never happened to me, but I understand that sometimes the actuator rod backs out of the threaded opening on the valve body.

Let us know what you find.

jxnbbl
04-25-2021, 09:12 AM
Interesting enough I just had something happen on this trip related to this conversation. At our first stop I dumped the black and then the gray. But the gray handle cam right out in my hand with the 8” of steel rod. This was the same handle that Is actually a replacement as the previous fell off. The foam was holding the handle in place...or it would have fallen out on the road. I had to cut away access tho the cell board and remove some roam insulation to find the other 1/2 of the rod to pull/open the gray tank valve. It’s now loctited together. Will deal with the rest when I return

Jay

delton
04-25-2021, 06:59 PM
Found the grey handle way above the black sliver but I still have an issue with where is the sliver for the other ( kitchen sink water) 3 inch pipe.

Maineiacs
04-26-2021, 04:19 AM
While there are some Keystone models with 3 handles, the 32RLI's that I'm aware of have just one. Obviously that mean the 2 gray tanks are cross connected internally. Pull the one handle and both gray tanks empty simultaneously.

delton
04-26-2021, 05:59 AM
Will try that thanks