PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

KO-in-WYO
12-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Hello, my wife and I are looking to buy our first camper. Our TV is a 2008 Tundra CrewMax 5.7V8 Ltd. with the factory tow pkg. We're looking at a 2012 Cougar Xlite 28RBS so that we have plenty of room for our toddler plus the friends and their kids who will be traveling with us. We thought this would be an excellent place for us to learn from people who are not going to make a commission by selling us something :thumbsup:

Festus2
12-17-2011, 07:38 PM
None of us here are out to sell you anything so you have found the right place! We have a few members who tow TT's with a Tundra and who are very satisfied with that combination. The Cougar XLite looks like it would make a good fit with your TV and for your family. Welcome aboard and hope that the Xlite works for you.

f6bits
12-17-2011, 09:51 PM
That’s sure a nice setup. With the dinette and couch converting to sleeping space, that’s loads of room. And that Tundra has an obscene (in a good way) tow rating.

Something’s scratching my memory about securing the bunk ladder so it doesn’t get crunched when operating the slide out.

jje1960
12-18-2011, 01:04 PM
The ladder crunching thing was a post about our SRX's, however looks same same for this unit, by the way looks very nice by the layout I just looked at! There is a couple of different ways that we have posted about securing the ladder, here is ours.