PDA

View Full Version : No sound while playing DVD

Jayb223
04-24-2021, 10:09 AM
I have a 2019 passport with a Furrion DV3100 in it. I cannot get the sound while playing a DVD to come through the trailer speakers. Has anyone had this issue of no off a fix?

chuckster57
04-24-2021, 10:35 AM
Your DVD player should only have the sound on the TV when watching a movie. Do you have sound through the TV?

sourdough
04-24-2021, 12:22 PM
I've pulled the receiver out of every RV I've had that had one. No telling how, or if, the speakers are wired. You should have the manual linked below but I would take it with the receiver out and see what's what. You also need to make sure you select the proper speakers.

https://cdn.accentuate.io/1906118393945/5237057552473/DV3100_IM_WEB.pdf

Jayb223
04-24-2021, 02:11 PM
Your DVD player should only have the sound on the TV when watching a movie. Do you have sound through the TV?

Sometimes the sound plays through the TV and sometimes it has no sounds at all. Itís driving me crazy. I have the RCAs out from the Furrion to the TV inputs. When the sound goes through the TV, you can barely hear it when the blower turns on for the heater. Iíd like to use the ceiling speakers when watching a DVD but it seems like i canít?

CedarCreekWoody
04-24-2021, 05:26 PM
To play through the speakers you have to run a pair of cables from "audio out" on the tv to "audio in" on the camper radio and then program the tv to use this output.

Jim27
04-24-2021, 06:39 PM
To play through the speakers you have to run a pair of cables from "audio out" on the tv to "audio in" on the camper radio and then program the tv to use this output.

I had a similar problem with my Furrion stereo/tv. My problem was that I couldnít listen to the tv through the stereo. My first thought was to do exactly what youíre saying but my Furrion tv only has audio in av plugs, no av out. My fix was to buy an av to aux plug. I didnít have av out on the tv as I said but luckily my Dish Wally box did. I plugged the av side into the av out of my Wally box then plugged the aux side of the cable to the front of the stereo. I now have stereo tv but am still frustrated that everything wasnít wired to function as such from the factory.