PDA

View Full Version : New to the Site

halfprice
12-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi all.
The wife and I just bought an 08 Springdale 242 after several months of looking. We will be picking it up in a couple of weeks. I have to buy the hitch and get it installed so it will take a little time.

We live in So Cal so we are planning a few long weekend trips up the coast to start. We have never had a trailer so this is new to the both of us. I've backpacked and done a few tent trips. My wife has camped at the Hilton and Sheraton so this will be a big change for her.

I've looked around the site and I'm sure I will learn alot here.

Movin' on
12-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 1st trailer :thumbsup: It will no doubt be a little different than the Sheraton or Hilton, but hopefully you and the Mrs. will enjoy it even more.

My wife and I bought our 1st used rig 4 yrs ago, not knowing if we would like the RV life.......in this short time we've had two used 5th wheels and this past August bought our first new 318 Cougar. Long story short....we love it!

Hope you will too :wave:

hankpage
12-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi all.
The wife and I just bought an 08 Springdale 242 after several months of looking.

We live in So Cal so we are planning a few long weekend trips up the coast to start. We have never had a trailer so this is new to the both of us. I've backpacked and done a few tent trips. My wife has camped at the Hilton and Sheraton so this will be a big change for her.

I've looked around the site and I'm sure I will learn alot here.

Jerry, I think you will find your Springdale is a big step up from sleeping on the ground and maybe the wife may feel the same way after room service (guess who) delivers breakfast in bed. :rolleyes: I'm sure you both will enjoy it. Travel safely, Hank

Festus2
12-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Sounds like that your "camping experiences" have come together in the middle! Now, you can have the best of both worlds. No more hard ground for you and no more room service for her ......... mmmmmmm ... better rethink that one! Welcome to the group and enjoy life on the road.

Flyguy
12-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forum! We love our 05 Springdale 249 and have not had any problems with it.

jje1960
12-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Reminds me of a friend and conversation.... He stated he "used" to own an RV, then remarried and his new wife considered "camping" going to the Holiday Inn vs the Sheraton..... Good laugh.

f6bits
12-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome fellow SoCal’er! If you’re headed up the coast, one stop I recommend is Pismo Coast RV Village. It’s a short walk to the beach and town. We love our trailer since we take our dog (and kids) on our trips. Saves us and the dog the hassle of dog sitters or boarding.

I’m a little confused, though. You have a fifth-wheel hitch and a travel trailer?

jq1031
12-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Welcome to the forum Jerry, & congrats on the Springdale. That 2500 Chevy will make the pulling an easy task. Many happy miles!:wave:

chain_dogg
12-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Howdy neighbor...I'm right down the road from you in Anaheim

halfprice
12-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Welcome fellow SoCal’er! If you’re headed up the coast, one stop I recommend is Pismo Coast RV Village. It’s a short walk to the beach and town. We love our trailer since we take our dog (and kids) on our trips. Saves us and the dog the hassle of dog sitters or boarding.

I’m a little confused, though. You have a fifth-wheel hitch and a travel trailer?

No Travel Trailer Its a Springdale 5th. The wife said the first area she wants to go is up to Pismo. So we will look into Pismo Coast RV Village..

Yes it will be interesting how the wife and 4, yes 4, dogs take to trailer life.

halfprice
01-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Well we picked it up Friday. Finally :bdance:

The DW and I went to Camping World, Walmart, and Costco to pick needed supplies, to stock the 5th. We still need a bed but other than that I think we're about ready to go.

I bought a Boliy Generator and it should get here in a week or so. I'm already planning on getting another battery. We have other things we still need but we can get those things in time. DW has been making a list so she knows what is in the 5th and what needs to be loaded before every trip.

When we get the gen we will make our first trip to the Santa Barbara area.

Jerry

Outbackmel
01-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Sounds like you are making plans...."lists" are a good thing ! ..without them we would be comedy material every time we camp, coming and going!
Sooooo many things to "remember" inside and out :)

Enjoy....safe travels :wave: