PDA

View Full Version : Microwave issues

ChrisnCindy
04-18-2021, 01:57 PM
When I open the microwave door, light comes on, and turntable spins. But nothing else on the control panel works

notanlines
04-18-2021, 02:07 PM
Chris, I would first thing turn off the electricity by switching the circuit breaker and leaving it off. Then look at your power supply and assure yourself that the power cord is plugged into 50 amps. If you are trying to operate anything from an extension cord that is probably your problem.

ChrisnCindy
04-18-2021, 02:40 PM
Thanks, I'm brand new to rving, I wondered if it was a power problem

sourdough
04-18-2021, 03:18 PM
The microwave is a 120vac device. If the light and turntable are operating but the control panel is dead I'm figuring it might be toast. That's a 2012 19fsb right? I've replaced 2 RV microwaves that went south and only a couple of years old. If that one is OE and 9 years old it is highly probable with those symptoms it wanted to quit.

I believe you said it was new to you; have you ever used it? Has it ever worked? Where are you at and what kind of power outlet are you plugged into? You might also edit your signature line and put your trailer and tow vehicle info there so folks will know what they are trying to diagnose.

ChrisnCindy
04-18-2021, 03:30 PM
Thanks sourdough, I have never used it, it is a 2012. Bought it last fall, just in time to winterize it.

sourdough
04-18-2021, 05:08 PM
I suspect you have a bad microwave. You can replace it with a "home" model for next to nothing but as I've found, the RV models cost more. My first go round I bought the exact same model that failed but a home model. No bracing, brackets etc. I could have made it work but it obviously wasn't the "one for the job". Looked around and found an exact replacement with all the bracing brackets etc. and fell right in....and used the existing surround front. It did cost more than double but I thought it was worth it.