PDA

View Full Version : No 12v to inverter

GeneE
04-11-2021, 08:00 AM
Everything worked this morning when we broke camp.
Pulled up to the house to unpack and the slide won't actuate.
Battery is >12v
There are two studded blocks in line after the battery that look like manual resets - but I find no button.
I don't find any resets between battery and converter anywhere.
I have no juice at battery wires at DC panel.

What am I missing?
Thank you

chuckster57
04-11-2021, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

For the record you mean the CONVERTER. It uses 110VAC and produces 12VDC to charge the batteries and provide 12VDC to the fuse panel for the 12V stuff inside.

Have you used a meter to test for voltage at the circuit breakers?

GeneE
04-11-2021, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the edit!

I have tested the dc cables where they mount to the blocks in the panel. I have nothing.
Battery reads 12.8v

chuckster57
04-11-2021, 08:13 AM
Ok. start at the Battery, follow the positive lead to the circuit breakers, test BOTH sides. Is there a battery cutoff switch? If so test it on BOTH sides and report back.
Also test the REVERSE POLARITY fuses off to the left side on the DC panel. There may be 2 or 3.

GeneE
04-11-2021, 08:21 AM
No battery cut off.

By circuit breakers, if you mean two 2-stud blocks on the frame right beside the battery, I have 12.8v in and out of each.

Reverse polarity fuses - new to me. How do I ID them?

chuckster57
04-11-2021, 08:24 AM
They are usually on the DC panel, the RIGHT hand row is all the 15A for all the different circuits. the ones on the LEFT are the reverse polarity fuses. I suspect one of them is blown, should be 30 or 40 amps.

GeneE
04-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Got it.
They're good.

And now I'm all good.
I never switch the battery cutoff. Wife just told me she did when we packed up - trying to help - I didn't even know she knew where it was. I shouldn't have assumed

Thanks for your patience and advice, Chuckster. Sorry for the hassle

Have a great day

chuckster57
04-11-2021, 08:34 AM
No problem, glad you got it going. And now you know there is a cutoff and hopefully the other half told you where it is. FWIW, if you turn it off then the truck alternator probably ISNT charging the trailer battery.