PDA

View Full Version : Length of Slide: 2021 Keystone Cougar 22RBS

jlemond
03-27-2021, 03:50 PM
I am trying to find the length of the slide for my 2021 Keystone Cougar 22RBS. I have the RV on order and want to get a retractable awning for the slide-out but need the length. Can anyone help?

sourdough
03-27-2021, 04:06 PM
Can you not get the dealer that you ordered it from to take care of that for you? It doesn't matter if the guy next door had that model, I would never order something like that for a sight unseen RV until it was in front of me....too many things to go wrong....or change.

jlemond
03-27-2021, 04:20 PM
I called the dealership. The salesman had no clue and couldn't find the spec sheet. That's the only reason I was asking for help here.

sourdough
03-27-2021, 04:46 PM
I am assuming you are talking about a slide topper. Tell them you want a topper installed upon receipt prior to pickup. When it comes in they can measure it and get what is actually needed. "Guessing" on a trailer sight unsen isn't a prudent thing to do - wait until it gets there. There are more things to consider.

chuckster57
03-27-2021, 04:53 PM
I agree with Danny, better off waiting. Do you know which brand/features you want?

jlemond
03-27-2021, 04:59 PM
I'm just looking for a slide topper. I was trying to get ahead of the game. Looks like I'll be waiting for the RV to come in. The dealership is not as helpful as I would like. I'm picking the RV up in Sweetwater TX. I'll drag it back to Austin TX and have one installed here.

JRTJH
03-27-2021, 05:08 PM
If you're "somewhat a handyman", installing a slide topper is not a difficult job. It just takes a bit of thinking things through, using basic hand tools and making sure you use butyl putty tape under everything.... It's a "one man job" except for the actual "sliding the awning into the rail slot"...

If you decide to do it yourself, shop around for the awning. Often one store will have them on sale while another may have a "regular price on a comparable awning from another manufacturer for less cost than the one on sale. Then sometimes, both are on sale, saving even more... There's three brands, Solara (Lippert), Dometic and Carefree of Colorado.... Shop around for the best buy. I got mine on Amazon cheaper than any other place, including direct from the factory with a wholesale (shop) discount.

bigguy0602
03-31-2021, 07:30 AM
I purchased mine on Amazon and installed it myself. The dealer wanted $800.00 to install and I bought one for less than $200.00 dollars. I have a a 2021 Cougar 22rbs. The length of the slide is is 88". If you go on Amazon it will tell you the correct size to buy.

Ken / Claudia
03-31-2021, 11:58 AM
How, 800 to install a slide topper!. My slide topper was 200 labor in 2014 in Oregon
I had a dealer replace the awning fabric on the side, 15ft worth last year with a labor cost of 194 in Idaho.
For 800 labor, I would do it myself for sure.

BrooksFam
03-31-2021, 12:24 PM
I got my slide topper installed for free as part of the sale. Worked out good for me...….

JRTJH
03-31-2021, 12:52 PM
Last summer I sent someone I know to the same dealership where I bought my trailer. He got an excellent price on the trailer he wanted and bought it. Then decided he wanted to put slide toppers on the three slides. The dealership quoted him a price of $1200 for the slide toppers and $1500 to install them. Total $2700 which comes to $900 each...

I did some price checking on Amazon and a couple of EBay sites and could order the three slide toppers for $700. I offered to install them for $300 each, for a total of $1600 for the entire deal, $1100 cheaper than the dealership.

It took me about 4 hours to install them and he was on his way. There's no reason someone who is "somewhat handy with hand tools" can't install the first one (carefully using the instruction sheet) in 3 or 4 hours and the others in about 2 hours each, probably less with each one they install.

flybouy
04-01-2021, 05:04 AM
We ordered our unit about 2 weeks after a Feb. RV show. The unit on display had flat front cap with diamond plate 1/2 way up from the bottom. When it arrived in April, the front cap was molded with a rounded shape and enclosed LP tanks. There was a model change that caused a delay in production. It ended up to our benefit as the trailer went from a 2011 to a 2012 model as was titled as such. Point is, the factory can and will make changes without notice. Good advice to "wait and see" what shows up.