PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be 5th wheel owner

Teresa C.
10-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Good morning all. My hubby and I have been researching 5th wheels for almost 6 months now. My brain is going to blow up. We have narrowed it down to Keystone as the top and 2 other manufactures as possibilities. We have fallen in love with a new 2008 (still on the lot) 31 foot Outback Sydney, rear kitchen. I have not been able to find any on line for comparison pricing or any blogs with good or bad comments. We have not decided whether to do new or used. We are excited to get one, but want to make sure we are making the right decision. We hope to have this 5th wheel for many, many years. Even for just him and I after kids are gone. We are afraid of commitment I think.

antiqfreq
10-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

We took the leap to the fifth wheel in February 2008, buying a leftover new 2007 from a local dealer.
We are very happy with our decision.
We do not have an Outback, but we have the Cougar.
We have not regretted it at all.
We did buy new, but even buying used you still do your prep before buying the same way. Looking to make sure all systems work, that your set up is
right and that there are no leaks or lingering problems you can find with a used unit.
Good luck with your search!

Jody
:D

Flyguy
10-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Teresa C.
10-24-2009, 07:45 PM
thank you everyone for all the advice. We greatly appreciate it.