PDA

View Full Version : 24 rkpr tanks

NewKey
03-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Hello again,
My name is Janet and I am a newbie. I just purchased a 2021 Keystone Premier 24rk pr. This is my second trailer, so I have much to learn. Thought I knew everything about gray and black tanks, until I went out to drain the antifreeze and I see two gray handles with two pipes.

I had already attached the hose to the black pipe in the back end, thinking I would see two handles there, one for gray, one for black.
But there is only one handle.

The other handle is near the front with a gray pipe and another gray handle.

I read the instructions in the manual, they are very generic, and don't find it very useful. I looked through all the videos online, there is nothing.

On the panel, it says there are gray tank 1 and 2, and black tank 1 and 2.

I really love this little trailer and I sure could use some help.
Thank you.

sourdough
03-17-2021, 05:39 PM
Year and product line goes a long way in trying to help.

Terry W.
03-17-2021, 06:04 PM
Janet you can't go by the panel with the lights. They will use the same panel for multiple units. It would help to know unit model name and number.

Terry W.
03-17-2021, 06:13 PM
Ok so I can't read model # in posting. Being a rear kitchen I might think the rear kitchen the rear tank is the kitchen gray tank. The 2 fwd are black and bathroom gray. Another thing to look at is black tank dump is 3 inch gray tanks are 2 inch

JRTJH
03-17-2021, 06:25 PM
I believe you have a Premier 24 rkpr. It has ONE black tank that holds 30 gallons and TWO gray tanks that hold 30 gallons each, for a total of 60 gallons of gray water capacity.

The ONLY way you'd have two black tanks is if you had two toilets. Because of the way travel trailers are constructed, each toilet requires its own black tank.

Your Premier 24 rkpr has one toilet (sitting directly over the black tank) and an adjacent gray tank that drains the shower and bathroom sink. The two "co-located valve handles are for those two tanks. Then, behind the wheels is a second "gray tank valve handle" that drains the galley gray tank.

On some trailer models, the two gray tanks are connected by a 1.5" PVC pipe. Those models will have a single sewer outlet located at the black tank discharge valve. If you have two outlets on the side of your trailer, your gray tanks are not connected. In that case, the rear outlet drains only the galley gray tank.

Your "status indicator panel" inside the trailer may have 2 black tank indicators, but that does not mean you have two black tanks. The panels are "generic" and are used on a large number of trailer models. It's common for that panel to be used on trailers with one black tank and also on trailers with two black tanks.... Keystone only "connects the wiring as it's needed" based on how many tanks are actually under your trailer. Depending on the panel manufacturer, the "not connected status indicators for the second black tank" may show FULL or may show EMPTY, depending on how the manufacturer wired the internals on the panels before they were shipped to Keystone.

NewKey
03-17-2021, 06:33 PM
I fixed my post and added my trailer. 2021 Premier 24rkpr.

NewKey
03-17-2021, 06:35 PM
ok, thank you John.