PDA

View Full Version : Tv wiring

jje1960
12-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Pic attached of how things ended up after installing the Roadtrip SD Sat dish. We ended up ordering another box from Directv vs moving one of the house boxes back n' forth. With this setup, we have the TV in the Bay, Main Cabin and the TV I keep in the storage compartment all working off the Satellite Dome. While the Dome does support two receivers, we only have one, so all TV's can only see one channel at a time, unless someone wants to watch a local station off the batwing antenna, that's possible. Last thing to do is install the 12V inverter when it arrives, got a 600W unit from Harbor Freight, that way can watch TV at the flip of button without/until turning the generator on while at rest stop or Walmart parking lot.

cumminsdad08
12-04-2011, 06:23 PM
bummer, i got a box sitting up beside my bed right now with no use for it. when we moved i had a DVR box installed and the tech. told me to jsut keep the old one. if anyone interested in the future.

good for you, i am sure you will be happy with your set up. as far as everyone watching the same channel, not to big a deal in my trailer being that you can hear any tv from any position in it.:rofl:

jje1960
12-11-2011, 08:28 AM
bummer, i got a box sitting up beside my bed right now with no use for it. when we moved i had a DVR box installed and the tech. told me to jsut keep the old one. if anyone interested in the future.

good for you, i am sure you will be happy with your set up. as far as everyone watching the same channel, not to big a deal in my trailer being that you can hear any tv from any position in it.:rofl:

Thanks anyway.... they probably would have charged me the same for a new access card and activation anyway! One thing I did find out in all this..... the 32" TV and cable box draw to many amps to run off the single battery that's in the unit.:(
O well, guess I'll add another battery next spring. It's just nice to know I could watch TV while stopping overnight without starting the generator.