PDA

View Full Version : Propane piping question

Maineiacs
02-07-2021, 12:25 PM
My rig has the propane piping running aft to service the heater and the stove. I noticed that there's a branch T'ed off that runs to just behind the entry stairs. Is this intended for tapping into if you want to use an outside grill of some type?

Meant to ask this question last summer but never got around to it. Senior moment I guess.

JRTJH
02-07-2021, 12:32 PM
If the black iron pipe "dead ends" with a cap or plug at that area, then it's probably for a "propane quick disconnect". It may also have a "Tee" that is connected to a copper 3/8" tubing that leads to some appliance ?????? Typically Keystone doesn't add "part of a propane QD" and leave the rest disconnected.

If you do decide to install a quick disconnect. Buy the appropriate LPG certified parts. Typical "compresser air QD's" aren't rated for LP gas use and none of them have a shutoff valve in the attachment. It will cost you a little more, but IMHO, well worth the added cost to use "certified LPG fittings".

Maineiacs
02-07-2021, 02:07 PM
John, pipe is capped. Have to look up propane QD and see if it's something the wife would take advantage of. Thanks!