PDA

View Full Version : Tire balance on 5th wheel and travel trailers

Ayotte
11-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Has anyone used or had any experience with tire balancing beads. And if so what is your opinion on the use of these? Thanks.

ktmracer
11-28-2011, 08:02 AM
never used them, just have the local tire shop balance my trailer tires. I have opinions on using the tire beads, but no facts.

SAABDOCTOR
11-28-2011, 08:18 AM
NEVER USED THE BEADS. JUST BALANCE MINE ON A GOOD SPIN BALANCER NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.:p

Camp I am
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
On my last TT I spun balanced them and could immediatley feel the improvement of how it pulled, so I do highly recommend balancing your RV tires.

As far as bead balance, I did that on an old 4 x 4 truck I had that had oversized tires on it, I bead balanced those because I used to tear off the tire weights when I drove it off road. The beads worked pretty well and I had no wheel weights then to tear off but I did notice that sometimes after being parked overnight when I would first get rolling down the road, the beads settled and sort of clumped in the tires, thus it felt a bit wonky until the clump released and the tires balanced.

So I'd recommend that unless there's a purpose specific reason like I had with wanting to not constantly replace knocked off wheel weights, that a simple spin balance is all that's needed on RV tires.

KenBob
11-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I have balance beads in the 17.5" tires for our Fuzion. Look up Dynabeads. I have them in my motorcycle tires. They work! We have always balanced the RV tires.