PDA

View Full Version : Bullet 26 RBPR

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 11:46 AM
Has anyone put a vent fan in the kitchen on this floor plan and if so where did you get the power source from I pulled the inner ring off and there is no 12volt source in there Can’t believe that they would make this model with no exhaust at all Range hood just recirculating not exhaust
Thanks

Northofu1
01-18-2021, 01:18 PM
You could try going to the range hood with a snake. It might be the closest place to pull from, remember it's on a slide and you'll probably need slack. The only other place would be a light. That would however be switched power.
Good luck.

flybouy
01-18-2021, 01:19 PM
Has anyone put a vent fan in the kitchen on this floor plan and if so where did you get the power source from I pulled the inner ring off and there is no 12volt source in there Can’t believe that they would make this model with no exhaust at all Range hood just recirculating not exhaust
Thanks

Very common issue. There's been many discussions in the past about this. Typically you can find a ceiling light somewhere close by to tap off of. You may need to pull a light down and use a stiff wire or electrician's fish tape to pull a new wire over to the vent.

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 02:20 PM
Yeah I thought about the light and like you said it is switched for power The range hood goes in and out with the slide so getting power from that would be a job to get into roof

WNY Bullet
01-18-2021, 03:25 PM
I've been also hoping to do this mod, but I've been stumped on where to pull power from. All the ceiling puck lights are on a switched circuit, So you could replace them with individual switched puck lights and leave the circuit alway powered on.

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 03:44 PM
I figure how many times are you using the fan without lights on I am going to wire it to a puck light and just use the switch As the lights go bad I will replace them with the switch style I would rather have a fan to exhaust the kitchen

Northofu1
01-18-2021, 03:51 PM
Try the radio/DVD player. It has unswitched power. It isn't that far.

WNY Bullet
01-18-2021, 03:51 PM
The problem I had with the pucks lights was that all 4 were super bright lights that are on that switched circuit (All on or off). I only used them when packing or working on the camper.

I have since replaced the one closest to the front door and the one closest to the bathroom with switched puck lights and I leave them off. I replaced the two puck lights over the island with hanging pendant lights and use the switched circuit to control them.

I wanted to pull power from elsewhere so I could have it running at night for air circulation too without the lights on.

JRTJH
01-18-2021, 04:47 PM
There is a constant 12 VDC available at the rear of the refrigerator and an overhead cupboard spanning the space from the refrigerator to the range. All you need to do is drill a 1/4" hole in the rear corner of the overhead cabinet and into the refrigerator cabinet space, just forward of the top vent (be sure NOT to drill into the refrigerator itself) connect to the 12 VDC wiring that powers the refrigerator, run that through the overhead cabinet and down to the range vent fan that you want to install.

Now, the venting of that range hood, recirculating or vented outside, is another issue. You'll need to carefully (VERY CAREFULLY) assess where the framework for the slide wall is located and plan your vent space to work with what you have available. I'd recommend that you DO NOT CUT A SLIDE FRAME MEMBER.....

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 04:47 PM
It’s not even close Totally opposite side of kitchen

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 04:50 PM
This is not g go or a range hood it for a power vent fan Fantastic fan in a roof vent

Northofu1
01-18-2021, 05:07 PM
Plus the fridge is on the slide. The stereo has a constant source of power.

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 05:27 PM
Does anybody know if there is a 12v source at the AC unit

JRTJH
01-18-2021, 05:39 PM
It’s not even close Totally opposite side of kitchen

The floorplans I see for the Premier 26RBPR, the refrigerator is in one end of the slide, the microwave is overhead adjacent to it and the range/overhead cupboard is in the other end of the slide... Is this different from your floorplan? and if it is, could you post a photo of YOUR floorplan and a photo of YOUR kitchen arrangement?

Here is the floorplan I have. Is yours different?

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 05:52 PM
That’s exactly it The vent fan I am trying to put in is in the main roof in front of exhaust fan over stove I am wanting a fantastic fan in the roof vent The AC unit is in the center next to vent I was hoping for a pre wire for a fan but Keystone didn’t provide The over the stove exhaust fan does not vent outside it recirculates Gets hot in kitchen without exhaust

WNY Bullet
01-18-2021, 06:08 PM
The floorplans I see for the Premier 26RBPR, the refrigerator is in one end of the slide, the microwave is overhead adjacent to it and the range/overhead cupboard is in the other end of the slide... Is this different from your floorplan? and if it is, could you post a photo of YOUR floorplan and a photo of YOUR kitchen arrangement?

Here is the floorplan I have. Is yours different?

The vent he wants to power is located in the roof between the range and island, not in the slide.

WNY Bullet
01-18-2021, 06:10 PM
Does anybody know if there is a 12v source at the AC unit

That would be nice, but it doesn't

JRTJH
01-18-2021, 06:11 PM
OK.....

If you remove the plastic flashing from the roof vent (4 screws, one in each corner) you can pull the flashing down and access the bottom inch or two of the ceiling space. With a flash light, you may be able to locate some DC wiring in that space. As a "general rule" the 120VAC will be ROMEX and the 12VDC will be "individual strand wiring". Verify any wire you find that you want to use with a needle through the insulation before connecting it to an "expensive fan". Make sure you unplug the trailer from shore power before sticking needles in any wire, just in case someone at the factory "made a mistake".....

WNY Bullet
01-18-2021, 06:12 PM
I'm wondering if one could install a 12v power supply tied into the AC unit to power a vent? I just couldn't run the vent fan if I wasn't on shore power

JRTJH
01-18-2021, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't do it that way for several reasons.

First, as you said, it would only work when connected to shore power or a generator.

Second, most 12 volt power supplies require venting if in an enclosed space, and the "above the ceiling space gets extremely hot with the sun beating on it in the summer.

Third, any "out of sight electrical device" can cause issues if it gets damp (that space will be "hot/cold" as the temperature changes, causing condensation) as well as the "out of sight/out of mind" issue with things like mice chewing wires, cracked insulation, and the inability to keep an eye on it.

Depending on the load and electrical interference, a 12 volt adapter may affect the air conditioner source.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with something like that "stuck in the ceiling, unmonitored".... YMMV

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 06:22 PM
I have taken the inside vent ring off and did fish around for a 12v source with no luck I can’t believe that they would make a travel trailer without any outside venting at all As soon as you start to cook or microwave anything the smoke alarm goes off and heat just builds up No exhaust at all Just down right stupid I guess my only fix is to tie into the dome lights in the ceiling and keep the switch on for the lights to run fan Keystone get your act together This is a problem

WNY Bullet
01-18-2021, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't do it that way for several reasons.

First, as you said, it would only work when connected to shore power or a generator.

Second, most 12 volt power supplies require venting if in an enclosed space, and the "above the ceiling space gets extremely hot with the sun beating on it in the summer.

Third, any "out of sight electrical device" can cause issues if it gets damp (that space will be "hot/cold" as the temperature changes, causing condensation) as well as the "out of sight/out of mind" issue with things like mice chewing wires, cracked insulation, and the inability to keep an eye on it.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with something like that "stuck in the ceiling, unmonitored".... YMMV

Make sense, plus it would be nice to have it push air if we weren't hooked to shore power to use the AC

Camperfun
01-18-2021, 06:24 PM
The AC has a source but it’s for the thermostat and that’s 12v ac current

JRTJH
01-18-2021, 06:31 PM
We installed the fantastic fan in our bathroom roof vent to replace the little "fart fan" that came from the factory. It moves enough air that when turned on with a window in the kitchen slide slightly open, it would pull much (or all) of the cooking heat/odor out of the trailer.

You're right, why Keystone (or any other manufacturer) would build a trailer with no means to vent cooking humidity/heat out of the trailer is strange, but there are more and more (not fewer and fewer) being built with that limitation.

cavie
01-19-2021, 07:01 AM
Thanks

2 choices. 1) If you have just a recirculating hood, Replace it with a 12 volt vented hood out the back and cut a hole in the side of the rig.

2) If you have a built-in microwave take it down and reverse the fan motor to vent out the back and cut a hole in the side of the rig.

Been there, done that.

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 07:27 AM
Pulling wire from some light in ceiling is the route I am taking to get power to the vent It will be switched but I would rather go that way then cut into wall I think they would of done that vat the factory but again I thought they would of put 12v at the vent
Thanks everyone for the replies and input No real easy way but it can be done

Northofu1
01-19-2021, 07:34 AM
Not sure why you wouldn't snake it from the entertainment centre. I owned the same model once.
Your reason for fan install is one of the many reasons I traded it. I know not everyone wants to or can trade it in, but it is basically an entry level trailer.

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 07:45 AM
My entertainment is on the other side of my trailer Way to far to fish a wire

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 10:57 AM
Update
I was pulling a wire from the dome light to the vent and foul hooked a set of wires One set was a 12v hot and ground light circuit that I tested and it’s hot all the time It’s very short but I was able to tap into it to get the power I need Problem solved For future it’s there but hard to find and work with short wires but it’s fixed Fan in and working fine

Thanks again for all the help and ideas That’s what this forum is all about Owners know best

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 01:34 PM
Update
I was pulling a wire from the dome light to the vent and foul hooked a set of wires One set was a 12v hot and ground light circuit that I tested and it’s hot all the time It’s very short but I was able to tap into it to get the power I need Problem solved For future it’s there but hard to find and work with short wires but it’s fixed Fan in and working fine

Thanks again for all the help and ideas That’s what this forum is all about Owners know best

Very good! From which light were you pulling from that you found the 12v feed?

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:11 PM
The one above the sink over the island

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 03:24 PM
The one above the sink over the island

I'll have to search up there for additional wires. Thanks!

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:32 PM
White wire a green wire with white tracer looking up in the pocket towards the center at AC unit left corner just enough to pull it into the vent cavity and splice I believe the wire your splicing into goes to the light to the outside kitchen Keystone says all 12v light wires are white and green white tracer molded together

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 03:34 PM
White wire a green wire with white tracer looking up in the pocket towards the center at AC unit left corner just enough to pull it into the vent cavity and splice I believe the wire your splicing into goes to the light to the outside kitchen Keystone says all 12v light wires are white and green white tracer molded together

I have no outside kitchen so I wonder if that wire exists in my rig?

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:37 PM
Not sure what else it would feed I guess just take the bezel off a look around I used my cell camera to see up in there

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 03:40 PM
Not sure what else it would feed I guess just take the bezel off a look around I used my cell camera to see up in there

Camper is i storage right now, but this will be on the "to do" list come Spring!

flybouy
01-19-2021, 03:42 PM
The AC has a source but it’s for the thermostat and that’s 12v ac current

The thermostat in an RV is 12v DC.

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:49 PM
I believe that is 12v ac current at the ac unit

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:50 PM
Need that fan Still can’t believe that they made this unit without outside ventilation

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Camperfun: Where is your power center located on the newer units?

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:54 PM
On a wall in the middle Close to the door

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 03:54 PM
On a wall in the middle Close to the door

On the entertainment wall?

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:56 PM
Yes going into the bedroom

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 03:57 PM
That would make a difference too, mine is just outside the bathroom under the coat closet. All my 12v feeds will be fed from there...

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 03:59 PM
No way to fish a power source from there No ceiling access or wall

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 04:01 PM
The only thing I might get lucky from is if there is a 12v line going from the power center to the control panel by the door.

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 04:07 PM
What model travel trailer do you own

WNY Bullet
01-19-2021, 04:08 PM
What model travel trailer do you own

2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 26RBPR

Camperfun
01-19-2021, 04:13 PM
You might get lucky and find that wire

Camperfun
01-24-2021, 08:41 AM
Done found 12v source in ceiling for lighting

Rlrapport
01-24-2021, 11:14 AM
I have a 27 foot bunkhouse model that I pulled power from the ceiling lights in the back up to the middle vent.