PDA

View Full Version : No water/no apparent leak

madlocks
12-26-2020, 10:12 AM
I have a 2016 Sprinter 299RET. It's connected to the city water connection in a park. Water has worked fine for two weeks. Now, suddenly, there is no water at any faucet or the toilet. No wet spots or apparent leaks anywhere. The belly is still sealed, no sags in the covering. I turned the water off and disconnected the hose. Tested hose, water flows. Reconnected hose and it sounds like enough water runs to fill the length of the hose, and then stops. Just like normal when I connect at a new spot. Is there a shutoff valve or something I'm missing? Any ideas are appreciated!

travelin texans
12-26-2020, 10:19 AM
The connection you attach the hose has a check valve built into it, sounds like that has, for some reason, stuck in the closed position. If that's the case be sure to replace it with the brass version if it has the plastic currently.
If it has the screened washer & some reason you removed it & reinstalled with the dome inward that could also be pressing the check valve preventing flow, if so turn that washer around.

flybouy
12-26-2020, 10:22 AM
I don't think you have a water valve in a convenience center. If you have one connection on the side of the trailer for a water hose then I'd suspect you could have a blocked screen or a failed check valve. Try putting water in the fresh water tank and turn on the water pump. If that works ok then it's got to be at the hose connection.