PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Bullet Main Slide Problem

KSPorter
11-01-2020, 01:14 PM
Our main slide will not slide out. We have used this camper 4 times since we bought it. We just returned from a wonderful fall weekend trip. The main slide starts to slide out then it hangs up. Top half appears to be going out bottom seems to be hung up. We have been under the slide and cannot see where the problem lies. The chain/ pulley system is intact and do not see any issues uptop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

roadglide
11-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Our main slide will not slide out. We have used this camper 4 times since we bought it. We just returned from a wonderful fall weekend trip. The main slide starts to slide out then it hangs up. Top half appears to be going out bottom seems to be hung up. We have been under the slide and cannot see where the problem lies. The chain/ pulley system is intact and do not see any issues uptop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Take all the facial off check the rollers and cables look at all the turn buckles make sure they have clearance to pass each other .

chuckster57
11-01-2020, 07:43 PM
As stated, look at the cables and pulleys at the top and bottom. When it sticks, do you bring it in a touch and try to extend again? It’s possible the bottom is binding on the wear bar. Has anybody used any cleaners/lubes on the bottom of the slide?

KSPorter
11-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Yes, we tried, but it makes like a popping noise, so I get scared and stop. It's definitely looking like it's binding at the bottom. What do we do? No, we haven't used anything and we can't see the wear bar.

Sorry for the delayed response it has been a busy week and no time to work on it. We will try tomorrow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

roadglide
11-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Inside where the cables are hidden by a metal cover you remove some screws along the strap. That cable cover hinges push it back it will come right out you can view the bottom rollers. It’s not likely but a cable could have jumped off a roller.

chuckster57
11-06-2020, 07:28 PM
There are threads here with your issue and several suggestions for a possible fix. Use the search function with “slide sticking” and you have enough reading to keep you busy.

roadglide
11-07-2020, 05:00 AM
The only time I had my slide lock up was at Sturges. I called everyone and got a roving Teck came out Sunday. I had small cable jump out from the inside bracket because of no rubber Grommet . I squeezed silicone where the cables latch the bracket. The cable disappeared inside making it a nightmare. Teck and I spent four hours back-and-forth trying to fish the stuck cable from between the rollers. Your right not to force it the gear box or cables will more then likely explode.

amrap
07-15-2021, 06:03 PM
What ever happened? It's like reading a book with the last page missing!:banghead: