PDA

View Full Version : antifreeze

fred
11-16-2011, 04:24 AM
was looking for what other members due to remove antifreeze and sanitize fresh water tank and lines. thanks for the help

SteveC7010
11-16-2011, 05:18 AM
was looking for what other members due to remove antifreeze and sanitize fresh water tank and lines. thanks for the help

Water and a bit of Clorox. Full dewinterizing instructions are in this document:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=302

SAABDOCTOR
11-16-2011, 08:59 AM
HI THERE I TRIED THE CLOROX TRICK BUT IKEPT TASTING IT I THOUGHT IT WAS MY EXWIFE TRYING TO KILL ME. I USE A MARINE PRODUCT 2 PARTS PART ONE IS THE SANITIZER THE OTHER PART FLUSHES THE LINES AND REMOVES ALL THE ODERS AND BAD TASTES. IT IS A PAIN IN THE &%$ BUT THE WTER SURETASTES GREAT! I AM SENSITIVE TO SMELL AND TASTE(REALY) SO I DO NOT MIND THE EXTRA WORK:rolleyes:

cdevill
11-16-2011, 09:30 AM
I've never had to do it as I put a hose and valves from Home Depot for a winterizing kit. But if I did sanitize my tank, I'd use the same no rinse sanitizer that I use for my home winemaking. Only takes a tsp per gallon of water. Disolve it hot water in a container and then add to tank. But I would rinse it a bit after I drained the sanitizer out. I'd even run it through the lines as well and reall don't see why I wouldn't do the same with the water heater, just drain it really well.

SLIMSHADIE
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I do the clorox santitzation, but I do cetch the antifreeze from the low point drains and use it for the traps the following year.

campingcpl
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I use the bleach in the fresh water tank and then pump it through the water lines. After letting it sit for a bit I flush everything good with fresh water. I only use antifreeze in the drains of the sinks and tub and then pour some in the bowl of the toilet. I blow out all the lines in the trailer with air to winterize.

2011 keystone
11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I do the clorox santitzation, but I do cetch the antifreeze from the low point drains and use it for the traps the following year.

That is a great idea why did i never think of it. that will save me at least 2 gallons next year. again this is why i like this site LOTS OF IDEAS.:thumbsup: