PDA

View Full Version : Water line blow-out on 2010 X-Lite 26SAB

hguilford
11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I've been reading a lot of posts over the last few weeks but can't find any information about the air line connection on the 26SAB. I don't remember the dealer mentioning this feature during my initial walkaround inspection. I have to assume this is used to blow out the water lines during the winterizing process. Has anyone actually used this connection? Seems it would make winterizing a whole lot easier!

therink
11-15-2011, 03:30 PM
There is a $2 air chuck to male threaded fitting (avail at any rv store) that threads onto the female threaded city water outside connection. Open low point drains and faucets then let er rip. Oh yeah, open the winter bypass at water heater.
I blow mine out and then add the pink stuff.

SteveC7010
11-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I've been reading a lot of posts over the last few weeks but can't find any information about the air line connection on the 26SAB. I don't remember the dealer mentioning this feature during my initial walkaround inspection. I have to assume this is used to blow out the water lines during the winterizing process. Has anyone actually used this connection? Seems it would make winterizing a whole lot easier!

I am not aware of a factory air fitting on any Keystone. The blowout adapters are readily available at Walmart, RV stores, etc. The thread onto the city water connection.

I have always recommended using no more than 40 psi. Others recommend 50 psi.

jje1960
11-15-2011, 03:47 PM
The cheap plastic fitting that plugs/screws into the fresh water inlet is what we use. I don't turn down the compressor in the garage at all, not sure what the pressure actually builds up to, but considering everything is open the pressure does not build very much. I let it run for about 15mins or so, all moisture was out when I stopped it (stopped dripping from the low water point). Then poured antifreeze in all the traps, done. Obviously the hot water heater was drained. Blowing out the lines is just much easier for us, we have done both methods over the years, however I can't stand the pain of anti freeze purge out of the lines and fresh water tank at the beginning of the year.

Ayotte
11-16-2011, 05:44 AM
One thing to remember if you use air to perge the lines is that there will still be water in the pump. The fresh water line is after the pump so it will not be perged.

forest376
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
This may help - Keystone How to Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiToSzzuII

hankpage
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
This may help - Keystone How to Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiToSzzuII

That is a pretty good video ... Thanks. But they forgot one thing. If you do have a washer/drier you should put at least a cup of antifreeze in the washer and run final spin for a little while so the drain pump does not freeze. ($$$$$$) This also holds true for those snowbirds who winterize their stick homes and fly south.

jje1960
11-16-2011, 02:24 PM
One thing to remember if you use air to perge the lines is that there will still be water in the pump. The fresh water line is after the pump so it will not be perged.
Good point... hopefully by running the pump dry as we did removed enough. The other units we had did not have any pump damage after running them dry.