PDA

View Full Version : Outer Banks N.C.

coppercanyon252
11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Would like to take a trip to the Outer Banks in N.C. . Would like to stay on the beach, but don't know anything about it. We appreciate any suggestions, attractions, campgrounds.
Thanks in advance

jje1960
11-15-2011, 03:54 PM
We have been there about 4 times, have always stayed at KOA. I've wanted to try the on the sand State run park, although with kids and such a two week vacation with limited services is not practical. Now that the kids are looking to do their own thing, may consider a few days on the sand with the limited services. There are a number of great places near Rodanthe, but advanced booking is a must in summer. As long as the kids (yea right kids.... college age) come with us, Myrtle Beach is better. When they won't come anymore, wife and I will try other stuff, back to the Banks if I have anything to say about it... which I may not!)

mhs4771
11-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Depends on what you're looking for. KOA and Camp Hatteras have Game Rooms and play grounds for kids, if you're just looking for a nice clean campground try Ocean Waves about 1/4 mile past the KOA, about half the price, but small. Once you're over the Sand Dune it's all the same Ocean.