PDA

View Full Version : SG266RL propane issues

Maddeda
10-16-2020, 10:44 AM
I have a 2019 Springdale 266RL with freshly refilled propane tanks. I can not get the stove, gas water heater, and furnace to light without switching the fridge to gas and then back to electric. Even after I do get, primarily the furnace to light at a set temp, once it gets to temp and turns off, it will not re light. Is there something I am doing wrong or a step I am missing? Or is the regulator valve already bad or going bad?

chuckster57
10-16-2020, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the forum: wlcm:

Try turning off your cylinders, and disconnecting the pigtails. Reattach and open the cylinders SLOWLY. Then try again and post results.

Maddeda
10-16-2020, 10:52 AM
Now when the furnace re lights I get a loud backfire/pop type sound and it lights, or does this 2 or 3 times and lights. Doesn’t seem safe

travelin texans
10-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Close each tank valve, loosen hose fittings, you'll hear possibly a ight puff of LP, reconnect hoses, then VERY slowly open tank, then fire up the stove top until you have a good flame.
There's a safety type of check valve in those tanks that will shut off flow with a rapid release, quickly opening the valves operates that check, that's why you open the valves slowly.
If by chance that doesn't work it could be the regulator/regulators, they install the cheapest ones on the market, if needed order Marshall regulators.