PDA

View Full Version : Slide out roof bubbles

tmitteer
10-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Wondering if anyone has seen bubbles forming on the roof of there slide outs. I have 2 slides and I recently noticed both have bubbles in similar spots. They seem to be inline with the slide motors. My mind tells me the motor gets warm and cause the bubbles based on the location, they seem to line up about the same spots as slides in and slide out.

This trailer has a TPO roof, my slides are in most of the time. I only open the slides while on a trip, maybe 20 days a year, one slide has a topper, and the other is under awning 90% of the time.

2018 Keystone 26RBPR

sourdough
10-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Search slide motor tray. Probably the slide motor leaking fluid and bubbling up the roofing. You can place a slide motor tray under it to stop the dripping on the roof. Several here have added the trays along with other remedies.

NH_Bulldog
10-10-2020, 10:53 AM
This is a well known issue. Search the internet for: KSB-191007 this is the service bulletin pertaining to certain years and models. I was affected and addressed mine easily enough. Search roof bubbles or slide roof on this site. If unsuccessful, let me know and I can search the thread I posted to with pictures of mine.

tmitteer
10-11-2020, 10:17 AM
Thank you this seems to be exactly what is going on.

6.2 Superduty
10-16-2020, 11:06 AM
my dealer replaced the complete slide roof on my 2018 earlier this year. no patches.