PDA

View Full Version : Black Water Release Valve

Rog & Lou
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2008 Laredo 315RL. Recently, while attempting to empty my black water tank, the handle of the pull rod stayed in my hands. It simply broke!
In this model, the lever/handles to empty your tanks come through the trailer frame with a cable system to the tanks. The cable (6ft) for the black water is attached to the pull valve by a cotter pin. I don't need to replace the valve, but would like to install a new cable, etc. Keystone does not sell these parts. Is anyone aware of where I can get the cable and relevant parts to repair this? Are aware of an RV dealer that sell parts online, where I could order the parts?
Thank you!
Rog

SteveC7010
11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2008 Laredo 315RL. Recently, while attempting to empty my black water tank, the handle of the pull rod stayed in my hands. It simply broke!
In this model, the lever/handles to empty your tanks come through the trailer frame with a cable system to the tanks. The cable (6ft) for the black water is attached to the pull valve by a cotter pin. I don't need to replace the valve, but would like to install a new cable, etc. Keystone does not sell these parts. Is anyone aware of where I can get the cable and relevant parts to repair this? Are aware of an RV dealer that sell parts online, where I could order the parts?
Thank you!
Rog

Can you post a pic or two of the entire cable, valve, and handle system? I suspect that it is something that Keystone created just to locate the pull handles a good distance from the valves.

FWIW, my guess is that the whole thing can be replaced with parts from Lowes or Home Depot (or similar), but without seeing them, it is difficult to tell.

hankaye
11-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Rog & Lou, Howdy;

I suggest that you go to the makers website either Valterra or Camco.
Keystone buys them by the truck load for makin' the trailers...
I'm sure you can find a replacement...

hankaye

SteveC7010
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Can you post a pic or two of the entire cable, valve, and handle system? I suspect that it is something that Keystone created just to locate the pull handles a good distance from the valves.

FWIW, my guess is that the whole thing can be replaced with parts from Lowes or Home Depot (or similar), but without seeing them, it is difficult to tell.

Disregard, I looked at Valterra's website and they do indeed offer the cable systems and long pull handles for the waster valves.
(Thanks, Hank... Adding that one to my "tech" book marks!)

http://www.valterra.com/rv/rv-main.htm

hankaye
11-12-2011, 09:06 PM
SteveC7010, Howdy;

My pleasure to be of help...

hankaye