PDA

View Full Version : Greystone Fireplace

PET
09-28-2020, 07:14 AM
We were using our 2017 Laredo 33RL and the fireplace was working fine. It then started turning itself off after a few seconds. It would not stay on long enough to turn on the heat. I tested it for three days getting the same behavior. We traveled about 250 miles home and it now works fine. I am checking for loose wire. It seems to be rock solid.

Anyone experience this behavior? Any ideas about what was going on?

Thanks.

Paul

PET
09-28-2020, 07:22 AM
We were using our 2017 Laredo 33RL and the fireplace was working fine. It then started turning itself off after a few seconds. It would not stay on long enough to turn on the heat. I tested it for three days getting the same behavior. We traveled about 250 miles home and it now works fine. I am checking for loose wire. It seems to be rock solid.

Anyone experience this behavior? Any ideas about what was going on?

Thanks.

Paul
This is a Greystone WF2613R-1 fireplace.

RaptorJB
09-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Mine been doing the same thing, been looking at new ones.
Looks like a heat protection switch or something like that causing this.

PET
09-28-2020, 05:30 PM
The last couple of days it has worked fine. I did some more testing today. It may be related to the timer logic. I turned it on heat and set the timer for 30 minutes. When time was up it turned off as expected. I turned it back on - just the light not the heater. After a few seconds it turned off. I turned it on again to low heat. It turned off in about 20 to 30 seconds.
I turned it on again and ran through all the timer options and then turned it off. It has worked fine since. I plan to see how long it works if I don’t touch the timer.
We will see.

Paul

maccam1
09-29-2020, 06:43 AM
i had the same problem with my fireplace,found out from dealer,if the temperture is below 65 degrees it will shut off.
always make sure trailer is above 65 before i turn it on,and no problems

sourdough
09-29-2020, 07:52 AM
i had the same problem with my fireplace,found out from dealer,if the temperture is below 65 degrees it will shut off.
always make sure trailer is above 65 before i turn it on,and no problems

We had a Greystone in our last trailer and had no problems with it. I would question having to be above 65 to operate a "heater". What good is it if it has to be at a nice temperature in the first place before it will operate? Ours did not have that issue.

Tom N OH
09-29-2020, 09:55 AM
I question a lot of the statements made by RV dealer “service” departments.