PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

Devildogmom
11-11-2011, 03:43 AM
How is it someone who is labeled "permanent user ban" is able to PM other members?

hankpage
11-11-2011, 05:06 AM
How is it someone who is labeled "permanent user ban" is able to PM other members?

We are sorry if this has happened. We try our best to monitor this forum but sometimes something slips past us. The only explanation I can give is that the PM was made before the member in question was banned. Please accept my apology if there was anything offensive in the PM. All members can help by reporting any offenses to the forum moderators as soon as possible. Thanks, Hank

Festus2
11-11-2011, 08:02 AM
One of our members sent out a number of PM's to some of our members soliciting membership in another forum. Not sure of the content of your PM but if you were one of those who received such a message, you would have received it before the member was subsequently banned. We apologize that this happened but did act on it when it was discovered.

Ron
11-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks Guys, kinda thought something like that happened..Ron

cumminsdad08
11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
at least they put down happy trails:rofl:

Devildogmom
11-11-2011, 05:34 PM
It was the guy soliciting membership in a new Keystone forum.

The label under his name in the message said he was a permanent user ban.

I think I'll just stick to this forum! :wave:

CarKath
11-11-2011, 07:48 PM
It was the guy soliciting membership in a new Keystone forum.

The label under his name in the message said he was a permanent user ban.

I think I'll just stick to this forum! :wave:

A very wise decision. You probably don't want to be involved with people who stoop to that level. I also got the pm and know where to stay away from now.

This my RV site home :thumbsup: and I personally don't need any other RV site.

Cheers

Paddler
11-12-2011, 06:02 AM
While I don't condone sending PMs to members to advertise a new forum...I also don't agree with limiting oneself with just one source of information. I am currently an active member on three RV forums. Increasing the diversity of the postings keeps things interesting for me.
KeystoneRV covers all keystone products. (My new "home" forum)
MOC Montana Owners Club covers Montana 5th wheels.
SOB (some other brand) forum, supported our first trailer purchase, and we still attend their annual Florida Winter Rally.

SteveC7010
11-12-2011, 06:26 AM
While I don't condone sending PMs to members to advertise a new forum...I also don't agree with limiting oneself with just one source of information. I am currently an active member on three RV forums. Increasing the diversity of the postings keeps things interesting for me

Same here. I still remain active with the Sunline Owners Club and attend at least one of their Meet & Greets every year.

The info about power systems, appliances, lighting, plumbing, and a more is nearly 100% applicable between RV manufacturers anyway, so knowledge and experience learned with one RV group is fully useful with another.

PM's are for contact between individuals <period.>

hankpage
11-12-2011, 07:58 AM
PM's are for contact between individuals <period.>

You are 100% correct and we have no control over them nor can we view their content. Soliciting ANY product through PMs is a form of spam which most members do not want and is against forum policy. No one is saying you should not belong to any other forums. (I belong to many, myself ) References and links to them in posts to help another member gain knowledge is done all the time. If we receive complaints about a PM or offensive post the only recourse we have is to warn the sender and if it continues, ban them from the forum. I hope this clears things up a little, Hank

Festus2
11-12-2011, 09:22 AM
We recognize that many members of this forum are also members of other RV forums and that, by doing so, broaden their knowledge and share what they have learned with many user groups. For that reason, belonging to a number of RV forums is a good thing and we are not trying to discourage that.
Having said that, there is also an expectation that those who use our Private Message feature do so in a manner that is appropriate and respectful, not only to individual members but to the forum in general. It is there for members to exchange private messages, information, ask questions or exchange ideas and should not be abused or misused.