PDA

View Full Version : Store Front or Rear to southern sun

greger
09-26-2020, 05:01 PM
We have a Cougar 2018 29RLW with a fiberglass nose and large window at the back. Storing for winter, should I store with the front nose toward the south or the rear toward the southern sun. I have a choice. We live in the north so the winter sun is pretty low on the horizon.

Any pros or cons? Does the fiberglass hold up better than the filon? I'd tape some black paperboard on the rear window?

Thanks
Greg

sourdough
09-26-2020, 06:56 PM
At some point, maybe 2016-17? (I don't remember exactly) Keystone began to paint the front caps with regular automotive paint? Prior to that the caps were very prone to fading due to sun. My 14 experienced it in the first year, the SM caught it and repainted it. In 4 years afterward it was not a problem The back wall? Pointed to the sun it will fade and oxidize quickly. I don't know an answer other than to keep it out of the sun or always wash and wax it regularly with good UV products. Lots of threads and comments on that.

wiredgeorge
09-27-2020, 02:04 AM
I would be more concerned about mold on the north side of the camper. The south will not get mold but the north might. Whichever end cleans up the easiest would be the end I pointed northward. We have vinyl siding on our house and the north side needs pressure washed every year or two. South never.